What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Messages can't be sent

Dendad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPhone and a new iPad Air. My text messages are going through fine on my iPhone, but for some reason, I can't get a message through to one of my contacts. I can get messages through to my other contacts, but not this one. The message does go through on my iPhone, so I know it's not an address problem or a problem with my recipient's phone. Thanks for your help.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have an iPhone and a new iPad Air. My text messages are going through fine on my iPhone, but for some reason, I can't get a message through to one of my contacts. I can get messages through to my other contacts, but not this one. The message does go through on my iPhone, so I know it's not an address problem or a problem with my recipient's phone. Thanks for your help.

Is the person to whom you are sending the message also using an Apple product? The iPad can only send iMessages, which is the Apple messaging. If you are sending to someone who is not using an Apple product (they have a Samsung, Windows or are running Android, etc.), they will not get a message from the iPad.

Only the phone can/will send non-iMessage texts to other devices. But, not the iPad.

If the other person IS using an Apple device - can you tell us what is/is not happening? Are yogurt etting an error notice or are the iMessages just not going through?

Marilyn

OP
D

Dendad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry for the late response. For some reason I didn't receive an email notification. You've answered my question. My friend has a non-Apple product. That's disappointing and annoying. I'll just have to remember to always use my iPhone when texting. I found out yesterday my iPad's camera doesn't have flash and the photos are the same quality as from my iPhone 4. So far, I'm wondering if I made the right decision buying it. Thanks again for your help.

Last edited:

yindee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem, e.g., I cannot message one of my contacts from my IPad 2. This contact has an iPhone but when I try
to send a message I get red text saying "Not delivered". I successfully messaged this person before but it just stopped working. I don't have any problem messaging other contacts who have apple devices and neither this contact or I have made any configuration changes on our devices since the last successful message was sent/received. The one thing I am suspicious of is that this problem began around the time I installed IOS version 7.0.6. Could the IOS update be a likely suspect?

caq

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This may not be the case for everyone here, but I was able to iMessage my son, and then I was not able to. They were said to be undelivered.

I asked my son about it. He turned his iMessage off and went back to just regular text. His girl friend's iPhone's iMessage was not working. I don't quite understand the issue, but it is apparently a known issue. He decided to turn his iMessage off so that they would be able to text. Again, I don't know what the issue was/is, but you might want to check with the person you no longer can iMessage and see if they have turned that feature off , either by accident or by mistake.

Just something to check.

caq

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Another step is to Google iMessage issues and you will find many sites discussing this issue.

Here is a suggestion for an issue where one person is not receiving your messages that as mentioned on one of the sites.

Delete the contact in your contacts and re-enter the contact. Create a new message with that contact entry and see if that works. READ the last paragraph before doing this.

I think you lose all iMessages you have had with this person before the issue started. If so and they contain important info, copy that thread and paste it someplace so you will have it. Maybe email it to yourself and keep the email. Do this BEFORE deleting the contact.

Most reactions

Latest posts