What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Memory card

langisto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How to increase the memory capacity of an Ipad2.Can one copy files from an external hard drive or memory stick?.

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes it is possible there are a number of portable wifi drives which you can use.

I'm moving your question to the Portable wifi forum where you should get some responses to your post

Sent from my iPad using iPF

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
How to increase the memory capacity of an Ipad2.Can one copy files from an external hard drive or memory stick?.

Hi Langisto - welcome to the forum! :) First, there is no way to cable a USB drive or a USB memory stick to the dock of the iPad (the CCK is needed but is for use w/ a digital camera or its SD card). Second, as Richard has stated - cloud storage or other Wi-Fi options can be used to store your files (especially larger photos, movies, & music) - take a look at just one option by Seagate HERE; also, you might want to search the forum - there are plenty of threads discussing this topic along w/ comments on setting up Wi-Fi hotspots that can also permit storage choices - good luck!

OP
langisto

langisto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Langisto - welcome to the forum! :) First, there is no way to cable a USB drive or a USB memory stick to the dock of the iPad (the CCK is needed but is for use w/ a digital camera or its SD card). Second, as Richard has stated - cloud storage or other Wi-Fi options can be used to store your files (especially larger photos, movies, & music) - take a look at just one option by Seagate HERE; also, you might want to search the forum - there are plenty of threads discussing this topic along w/ comments on setting up Wi-Fi hotspots that can also permit storage choices - good luck!

Thanks giradman.

OP
langisto

langisto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes it is possible there are a number of portable wifi drives which you can use.

I'm moving your question to the Portable wifi forum where you should get some responses to your post

Sent from my iPad using iPF

thanx Richard

Most reactions

Latest posts