What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Me.com mail do we sign up now

Archer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I a
Watched the video of Steve Jobs explaining about iCloud, pretty cool stuff!
For the iCloud Mail he said everyone's going to be given a me.com email address, can we sign up for this now? and if so where?
Has anyone got an account? is it good and can you forward other account to it like google, yahoo and private domain email addresses?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a MobileMe subscriber and I got a me.com email address when I signed up for that service several months ago.

Tim

SaberOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tidbid:
I too have the Mobile.Me mail although I received an email from Apple stating the service is going away. Presumably, once the iCloud service is fully deployed it will be changed to something else. Apple extended my service to six months beyond my agreement so I guess the dot.me mail is now an interim mail server thing'.

Frankly, I seldom use it because gmail is so much faster and full-featured. Hopefully, iCloud mail will be an improvement.

Last edited:

oscarrod

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use iOS5 but I am not able to create a @me account since they have not enabled the iCloud servers yet (I assume).

SaberOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple has most likely stopped accepting new dot-me accounts as they phase out the service. Folks that are currently paying members have received a transitional six-month extension. Presumably, they will offer something like ‘[email protected]’.

OP
A

Archer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I listened to the icloud presentation and got the impression that everyone will get a .me email account once the cloud is enabled.

Beryl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tidbid:
I too have the Mobile.Me mail although I received an email from Apple stating the service is going away. Presumably, once the iCloud service is fully deployed it will be changed to something else. Apple extended my service to six months beyond my agreement so I guess the dot.me mail is now an interim mail server thing'.

Frankly, I seldom use it because gmail is so much faster and full-featured. Hopefully, iCloud mail will be an improvement.

Agreed.

I let my MM subscription expire in April because I didn't see the any advantage over google (mail, calendar, documents). I hope I can get my old address back.

Most reactions