What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Major disaster on ipad mini

Stattovic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not only has my grandson (5 year old) trod on my wifes ipad mini and cracked the screen, whilst playing in it he has uploaded apps and done all sorts of rubbish.

When we get the cracked screen fixed I would like to return the ipad mini to default and reupload my wifes music etc.

She does not want to lose the photos she has on there, and they are not on my lap top after a system crash, so she wonders how if I do a return to factory settings how we can save the photos either to my laptop or otherwise.

Yours help would be appreciated,

Many thanks

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If there's no computer available to sync them to it, you could save them to something like Box, Dropbox, Google Drive or another online storage. If you have an iCloud account and "Photos" is enabled, they are also backed up there.

Last edited:
OP
S

Stattovic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have my lap top, but if I connect the ipad mini to it it immediately starts to sync what is in my itunes files and could delete the photos. Im afraid I am not very technical.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As a safety net, you can also turn off automatic syncing, then follow Johanna's link.

Most reactions

Latest posts