What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Major Audio issues in iOS8!?

DmitriZ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey!

New to forum so sorry if this has been discussed already...

Ok, the "major" part is probably only for the select few affected but...

I use my iPad Air for DJing using Algoriddim's DJay app. Before iOS8 I could use the Griffin iMic via the Lightning to USB adapter to play sound and the headphones jack to cue songs.
After iOS 8, the iMic still works but as soon as I connect a cable/headphones to the phones jack, it dies.

From what I gather this happens in other DJ apps such as Traktor as well and with other USB class compliant interfaces. The NI Traktor Audio2 interface is just not working at all in iOS8, so there seems like some big changes to audio were made in iOS8.

Now the question is, is this an intentional change from Apple or yet another iOS8 bug?

Anyone know anything about this?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'd try talking the developers.

But, my guess is they found a way to bypass iOS's usual audio jack detection. Changes in iOS 8 probably undid whatever they did. The question is whether it's a simple fix on their part, because it's an approved API (programing method), or whether they snuck one past Apple's reviewers; in which case fixing it could be a real problem.

I'm just speculating though. You'll really need to get the developer's feedback on this one to see if it can be fixed.

Most reactions

Latest posts