What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mail problem after upgrade 7.0.4

mutts2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I upgrade tonight to ios 7.0.4 (from 6, as I hate the new GUI).

So far everything looks ok but my Yahoo mail client is recognizing 52 unread messages in the inbox which don't exist.
Any way to fix / make that go away?
Thanks,
Mutts2

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Refresh your inbox and see if that resolves it. If not, tap the top left until you're in a hierarchy view and see if any messages appear there. If you're using multiple addresses, tap the top left (should say Gmail or whatever name you gave the account) and you should be at the screen that shows all your accounts. Then under accounts, tap on your Yahoo account and you should now see the hierarchy view mentioned above

Sent from my iPhone via Tapa

OP
M

mutts2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Willerz2, but no luck. BTW, all "phony unread" msgs are in my Yahoo mail acct. I've also tried "turning off/on" the account. I think I'll try deleting and re-adding it.

Mutts2

Last edited:

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Do they appeared as unread when you view your Yahoo inbox on your computer or other devices?

Sent from my iPad using Tapa

Art Frau

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My mail issue is a it different. When I open iPad after it has been asleep for a spell, I tap mail, then get a pop up from yahoo. I took a SS but don,t see a way here to post it. I tapped advanced but it is not showing in this message.

Attachments

• image-238453548.jpg
    image-238453548.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 304

Art Frau

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My mail issue is a it different. When I open iPad after it has been asleep for a spell, I tap mail, then get a pop up from yahoo. I took a SS but don,t see a way here to post it. I tapped advanced but it is not showing in this message.

Now I see SS .

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Deleting the account and installing it again will help with most of the email problems. Perhaps it will solve yours as well.

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Have you tried entering the password?

Art Frau

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Deleting the account and installing it again will help with most of the email problems. Perhaps it will solve yours as well.

If i do that , won't I lose all the mail that has been saved etc? Or will it stay on the yahoo site?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You won't lose the emails.
When you set up the account again, they should all reappear.

Last edited:

Art Frau

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You won't lose the emails. When you set up the account again, they should all reappear.

This time I got pop up stating needed to tap settings , again about password. I did that & erased password then re typed it. We'll see if this stops it.

Most reactions