What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mail notifications

OrdioSoul

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

Mail works fine and all, but never shows me that I have mail with the red numbered notification? Why is that? I've got it set to push etc. Same as my phone... But alas not red numbers :(

Any ideas? :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Settings > Notifications, are they turned on at the top?

Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Fetch New Data > Advanced, Make sure it is turned on for the actuall account. Just because it is on for everything under Fetch New Data, does not mean it is on for that account. Also, Push is not available for every account type, so you may not be able to turn it on at this level (in which case you are out of luck).

OP
OrdioSoul

OrdioSoul

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks checked settings and it was correct...just started working though, maybe it was just me being a numpty!, :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Glad it is working.

It depends on servers too, not just settings on the iPad, so sometimes it's a glitch on that end. Not that you can do anything but wait when that happens.

Most reactions