What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad2 mail push not working?

Megwump

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've changed no settings, but recently my push notifications aren't working. I have to go into the mail app for it to check for new messages. Any ideas?

iPad2, 64gb, wifi only

Amp1216

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check your notiifications only thing I can think of maybe it got turned off some how do settings>notifications look there

Last edited:

tessy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same

I've changed no settings, but recently my push notifications aren't working. I have to go into the mail app for it to check for new messages. Any ideas?

iPad2, 64gb, wifi only

I have got the same problem and don't know why I think maybe apple might need to update the app to fix this,I did not do anything either and mine has not been working for over a week now.

OP
Megwump

Megwump

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Amp1216 said:
Check your notiifications only thing I can think of maybe it got turned off some how do settings>notifications look there

Nothing - all checked, rechecked, turned off, restarted, turned on, restarted...etc...still nothing. It's infuriating, hadn't realised how much I was relying on them

Semel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Megwump said:
Nothing - all checked, rechecked, turned off, restarted, turned on, restarted...etc...still nothing. It's infuriating, hadn't realised how much I was relying on them

In mail settings,check your "fetch new data" settings

tessy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Semel said:
In mail settings,check your "fetch new data" settings

It's on push and manual but these settings must be what they was when I first got the ipad2 as I have just reset the settings again,and when I got the iPad it was alerting me grrrrr it's so annoying when things just stop for no reason,it was handy to hear ur email coming in if u was waiting for one,really baffled by this but I am not the only one,I just got some mail but not till I clicked the mail button,BUT because I never read them straight away I did get the number 3 in the mail box,but that was after I pressed the mail button ???????

Semel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
In advanced settings is it set to fetch data or to manual?If its on manual,change it to fetch

Last edited:

tessy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Semel said:
In advanced settings is it set to fetch data or to manual?If its on manual,change it to fetch

It's set to push

tessy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Megwump said:

Just reset mine to if I get mine working I will let u know I am really confused with it all at the moment,

Semel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Go to advanced and select "fetch"

Attachments

• image-527419529.jpg
    image-527419529.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 438

tessy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tessy said:
Now on fetch

Still not working I only get a number in the mail box if I bring in the mail myself and don't read it,I do think it just might be the app has a fault which needs fixing because it just dont work any more but all my reminders work.so I will just have to wait to see if apple fixes this,gonna reset settings again for third time

OP
Megwump

Megwump

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine was already set to fetch, so no improvement there. No settings were changed when it stopped working, hence me thinking it wasn't a local problem. This is so annoying Any thoughts or ideas welcome

Most reactions