What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mail mass delete

allanrube

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.nebirds.com
i have mass deleted emails in an account by going to that account's inbox, pressing edit, and then trash all. When I upgraded from 9.3.5 to 10b7 trash is greed out after I select edit. This occurs on my iPad Pro. I don't see it as 10 beta problem because the problem doesn't occur on my iPhone 6s Plus which also is running 10b7. Could it be a setting that got changed? I can't find any setting differences between my iPad and iPhone.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you try force closing the Mail app, and turning off your iPad, then turning it on again?

Is this happening in every account, or just one of them? If it's just one account: which account is it (Hotmail, Gmail, iCloud, ...)? Removing the account and setting it up again might help.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Which kind of account is causing this problem? Is it a IMAP or POP account; Gmail, iCloud, Outlook or other?

OP
allanrube

allanrube

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.nebirds.com
It is all 3 of my gmail accounts - no problem on iPhone - problem on iPad?

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you also compare the Advanced settings of these accounts? Especially Mailbox Behaviours and Move Discarded Messages Into.

OP
allanrube

allanrube

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.nebirds.com
Yes. But my iPhone is doing the same. It after all be due to iOS 10b7. I let Apple know through a feedback submission.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've just checked on my iPhone and iPad running iOS 10 Public Beta 7, and noticed that this doesn't work for any account that I'm using (Gmail, iCloud, Outlook), and the Move button is greyed out as well.
You're right, this is a problem of the Public Beta. I'll send feedback as well.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've just checked on my iPhone and iPad running iOS 10 Public Beta 7, and noticed that this doesn't work for any account that I'm using (Gmail, iCloud, Outlook), and the Move button is greyed out as well.
You're right, this is a problem of the Public Beta. I'll send feedback as well.
Some further investigation has determined that the buttons are greyed out until at least one email is selected after tapping the edit button when using the developer beta of iOS 10.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's the same with Public Beta 7.
The Delete All and Move All buttons have disappeared, you can't remove or move the emails as simple as it was possible before. It's almost like in iOS 8.
Here's the difference:
iOS 9 x
image.jpeg

Public Beta 7
image.jpeg

Most reactions

Latest posts