What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mail crashes every time I try to read a message

GAMESHARQ

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A couple of months ago, I started having trouble rendering emails. New emails would come up blank and I would have to tap on a different message and then tap on the new message again for it to render.

Now the problem seems to be getting worse. Whenever I try to check a new email, the mail application just flat out crashes and I have to re-load it.

Any ideas what could be causing this and how I can fix it?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
A couple of months ago, I started having trouble rendering emails. New emails would come up blank and I would have to tap on a different message and then tap on the new message again for it to render.

Now the problem seems to be getting worse. Whenever I try to check a new email, the mail application just flat out crashes and I have to re-load it.

Hello - I'm assuming that you own an iPad 2 (i.e. forum where you posted) - correct? If not, please provide the correct iPad model and the iOS version installed on the device. When an app misbehaves, I usually go through the steps below; so, if not already done 'Force Close' the Mail app, and if not successful, then 'Reset' the iPad - these maneuvers might solve the issue.

But if not helpful, then you might need to check your mail settings - finally, you could 'delete' the account and set it up again - I'm assuming that you are using an ISP w/ a web-based mail website? If all fails, are you able to go to your ISP's website and retrieve/send emails? Dave :)
When an app (or several) are misbehaving, I usually go through the following steps:

1. Force Close - open the multi-tasking bar (double tap the 'home buttom’) - iOS 7.x/8.x - find the offending app - then press and drag to the top of the screen - return to the home screen & try again.

2. Restart - press & hold the 'Sleep/Awake' (a.k.a. power) button until a red slider appears (may take a few seconds) - move the slider to turn off the iPad; then press & hold the same button until the Apple logo appears - wait for a restart.

3. Reset - press & hold the 'Power' and 'Home' buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears - this may take a longer time, so have patience; the iPad will 're-boot' - NOTE that none of these maneuvers will alter your apps, files, or settings.

Most reactions

Latest posts