What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mail close itselves after 2 seconds

WimHwv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
I ve à problem when i opening my mail, it close automaticly after 2 seconds. I ve deleted all my mails on my desktop computer, removed my email account on my iPad, reinstalled and still its closing automaticly

JimSam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mail Closing

Mail closes after about 7 seconds.

Have Reset.

Have Cleared History, Cookies, Cache and Reset.

Have re-udated 4.3.5

Same result since updating to 4.3.5

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Have Reset.

Have re-udated 4.3.5

4.3.5? I just updated and mine is on 4.3.4.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What do you mean by 'reset'? Do you mean 'Power completely down' or 'Reboot' or 'Close app in Multi-task bar'? They have different effects, so it's useful to know --- however--- There have certainly been Members reporting problems with the latest update, though...:(

Tim

JimSam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Email closing

What do you mean by 'reset'? Do you mean 'Power completely down' or 'Reboot' or 'Close app in Multi-task bar'? They have different effects, so it's useful to know --- however--- There have certainly been Members reporting problems with the latest update, though...:(

Tim

I mean completely powering down. A cold restart.

My email began working correctly again late yesterday, but this morning is closing again. No observable cause I can see.

Version 4.3.5 (8L1)

I'm hoping Apple gets right on this.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Tim

I mean completely powering down. A cold restart.

My email began working correctly again late yesterday, but this morning is closing again. No observable cause I can see.

Version 4.3.5 (8L1)

I'm hoping Apple gets right on this.

A cold restart doesn't clear an app's 'context' - so try closing the app in the multi-task bar and then trying again.

Tim

Reaction score
You can power down and do a clear by ; hold power button and home button until unit turns off , continue to hold until it powers back on then back off again, let go of buttons , leave off for at least a minute, power back on.
If that method works for you I'll suggest an app called xsysinfo that clears the stuff up for you much faster, but before suggesting spending $2 on an app would just want to make sure it's not a bad unit that needs replacing by Apple.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

Bluray

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have two Gmail accounts setup on my iPad and as of Tuesday one of the accounts was acting up. After composing a new mail and hitting send, it shuts down. I deleted the account and added it again and behold its doing the same thing. I deleted the account again and will add it tomorrow. I noticed quite a few users are complaining about mail shutting down. I'm hoping it's not the iPad itself causing this issue?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Have Reset.

Have re-udated 4.3.5

4.3.5? I just updated and mine is on 4.3.4.

4.3.5 is the latest iOS...

Tim

Thanks, Tim. I googled after I saw this thread and upgraded to 4.3.5 after learning about it.

Weird thing is, I've been away from home and didn't upgrade to 4.3.4 till the day before yesterday. iTunes prompted me about 4.3.4 being the latest, I upgraded and it said my firmware was up to date. Then I saw this thread the next day and found out my firmware was actually already out of date!

I don't know why it didn't prompt me with 4.3.5 instead of 4.3.4 initially; it would've saved me updating several devices twice -- once with 4.3.4 and then again with 4.3.5.

I can't wait for over-air updates!

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have two Gmail accounts setup on my iPad and as of Tuesday one of the accounts was acting up. After composing a new mail and hitting send, it shuts down. I deleted the account and added it again and behold its doing the same thing. I deleted the account again and will add it tomorrow. I noticed quite a few users are complaining about mail shutting down. I'm hoping it's not the iPad itself causing this issue?

If it's your iPad, wouldn't both your Gmail accounts be acting up? Have you tried logging into your Gmail on any other device? (Might help narrow down your problem.)

I have three Gmail accounts and they've been working normally on two iPads today and during the past week.

Last edited:
Reaction score

If it's your iPad, wouldn't both your Gmail accounts be acting up? Have you tried logging into your Gmail on any other device? (Might help narrow down your problem.)

I have three Gmail accounts and they've been working normally on two iPads today and during the past week.

I have 2 Gmail accounts and 1 is much more heavily used than the other and when my mail was crashing , always when deleting messages, it was always that account or my Verizon account, which is the most used. Keeping my ram clean stopped mine but it's an ipad 1

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

Most reactions