What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mail App Frozen

NanoGoner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The mail app on my iPad2 sent an email, but will not close or cancel it from the screen. I've tried everything I can think of, but can't get it to close. The result is that every time I open Mail I'm presented with that email and no way to access other emails. It's frozen. Can any one tell me how to unfreeze or shut down this app???

rlapoint

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Try pressing your home button twice quickly. It should show the apps that are running in the memory in the bottom row. scroll to your mail app and press it for a couple of seconds. Everything will start to wiggle with an X in the upper left corner. Hit the X on your mail app. Press your home button to restore your screen. Now go and try opening your mail app. You may also try rebooting which is holding down the power switch on top until you get the red turnoff slider. Turn it off. Wait a few seconds and press the top power button until the white Apple logo comes on.:D

Most reactions