What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mail access on ipad 2

Ruby1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
new ipad 2 owner....looking to access work e-mail using ipad via outlook web access. tried using safari and was able to get to the basic e-mails but could not open attachments like pdf's, etc.
do i need the mail access 2010 app for ipad? will this help with the attachments? or is there something I am missing?

sgtcasey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ruby1 said:
new ipad 2 owner....looking to access work e-mail using ipad via outlook web access. tried using safari and was able to get to the basic e-mails but could not open attachments like pdf's, etc.
do i need the mail access 2010 app for ipad? will this help with the attachments? or is there something I am missing?

Just use the default mail app on the iPad. Set it up as an exchange server and when you click next after entering your username and password (leave the domain blank) it will try to connect but not be able to. Then you'll see a box for a server name. Just type in the web access URL and you should be set. That is how I access my work exchange email. It works great and even keeps the calendar synced up.

Dave

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
R

Ruby1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for reply. I tried your suggestion but getting an error message with unable to verify account info?
I think the administrator at office has blocked the access using exchange for some security reason. I guess will have to continue using safari to access outlook web access....just wish I could open the attachments.

Tn_stv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you can access your mail through an internet browser, I think you should be able to do the same using Mail as the client.

When prompted for the server name use the address you use to access webmail less the https://

You also need to use the same user names that you use for webmail. My company requires my webmail access to be Corp\username but for Microsoft exchange I can drop the Corp\ and just use my username

This is how I set up my android phone. I am not using my iPad for work email. I need an escape sometime!

Most reactions

Latest posts