What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Magazines on the iPad?

russ331

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The free App Flipboard gives free access to magazine articles. For example, car fans will find several car mags within the 'Living' Section of Flipboard.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So u r saying for Certain Magazines Zinio does support a Retina Display ?

Yes.

One more thing also that I noticed is when you download a Magazine in ZINIO it dos not have a like the wat you Flip your finger from right to left to turn the page to the next page which is possible in Kndle is it possible in Zinio ?

To go from page to page you just swipe from right to left (next page) or left to right (previous page). Zinio is only about Magazines. If you are using it, how can you not notice it uses the retina display? Frankly, it is a very nice app for view magazine because it is so silky smooth. I use the Kindle app, too, but so far only for books, so I don't really know how well it works for magazines. I say go with what gives you the best price on the mag you want. Best to check them all, use them all, and view where you got the best deal.

OP
D

DAVISinLA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks to all for your input.

The free App Flipboard gives free access to magazine articles. For example, car fans will find several car mags within the 'Living' Section of Flipboard.
just downloaded this...looks promising. Thanks.

emm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Next Issue is a great new magazine app. 20+ magazine titles for a very low price. One month free trial. Only catch is that you have to sign up through the web.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This is turning out to be a great find. Thanks.

Flipboard is a great app, but it is not the same thing has having a sub to a magazine. But it is a great app on its own and well worth space on your iDevice.

russ331

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DAVISinLA said:
This is turning out to be a great find. Thanks.

I nearly didn't download Flipboard, as I wasn't sure what it was for. I no longer read newspapers or watch tv news, as I get all the news and current affairs I want from Fllipboard. Plus much more.

It's great that one of the best apps available for the iPad is free! Glad you like it too.

(Written via iPad dictation facility)

OP
D

DAVISinLA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Flipboard is a great app, but it is not the same thing has having a sub to a magazine. But it is a great app on its own and well worth space on your iDevice.
Yes, very true and a good clarification.

But it seems like it will address my desire to read a variety of magazine articles while hanging around at the coffee shop. I really don't want to pay for another subscription for e versions of magazines that I already receive in the mail. Nor do I think a stand-alone e subscription should cost the same as the print version.

Just my two cents - YMMV.

Last edited:

mdholm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Next Issue is a great new magazine app. 20+ magazine titles for a very low price. One month free trial. Only catch is that you have to sign up through the web.

I was going to mention this, too. Lots of mags, plus you get several back issues when you initially sign up. I haven't decided if I'm going to continue past my free trial, but right now I have more than I could possibly read.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
mdholm said:
I was going to mention this, too. Lots of mags, plus you get several back issues when you initially sign up. I haven't decided if I'm going to continue past my free trial, but right now I have more than I could possibly read.

I may give this a try.

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There's one more Magazine APP called the "Magzter" which also has Rave Reviews, So many to choose from wonder which one is the best other than Kindle ! I would be interested in knowing between Magzter and Zinio !

Most reactions

Latest posts