What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Magazine subscription - how re-install on new ipad

Pocketneo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an ipad 1 and 3. On ipad1 I have sports illustrated and bought a magazine as a 1 time purchase (I am not a subscriber). I installed SI on ipad3 but not by a restore (I just re-downloaded it). On the ipad3, I do not have the magazine I bought on ipad1 and wish to get it on the ipad3 (again).

How do I get a magazine I already purchased on the ipad3 without re-purchasing it again?
Note: I went to the SI store, I see the mag, and I also see the price, so I'm reluctant to but it again for fear of being charged twice.

Help!

(PS there's not much out there on how to handle re-downloads or re-installs of already purchased media content)

OP
P

Pocketneo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got lucky and found a similiar article (see link below) that answers the same question for the re-purchase (or re-download) of an already purchased app, and the re-purchase (or re-download) of an already purchased magazine or digital media. In short, if you re-buy it, it will not charge you a second time. However, to guranatee this theory you just remove your credit card info on your itunes account, then try and re-buy it (app or magazine). If it asks you for your credit card/payment info, then you know it is trying to charge you. Else, it will prompt you that you already paid for it and to click OK to re-download it for free.

Here's the link...and I followed it and it worked for me!
How to Re-Download Purchased Apps in iTunes App Store « My Digital Life

OP
P

Pocketneo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One last thing...in itunes, log into your account and look at the Purchase History. Find the purchase. So, if ever you are charged twice...use this as proof that you already paid (under the same apple ID). If you used another apple ID...well, they treat that like another person.

Most reactions