What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Macbook air

Delores 122

iPF Noob
Reaction score
2020 apple macbook air

Is linked to a previous address and password.. I know the address, but not the password . It offers to let me change password; I keep changing the apple password…… but it states it is invalid; so get more and more passwords and cannot get past the 1st screen that only wants old address and password. My bank indicated it was jailbroke when I first got the computer.

Please don’t suggest i contact apple. I have spent many, many hours and many case numbers trying to get help. They say they can only transfer. Why do they transfer me to sales department to get help?

I am sitting here with a useless machine that i am still paying for.

Last edited by a moderator:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to iPad Forums!

Your email address has been removed for security reasons. Please don‘t post it in the open forum!

Is this device linked to your own previous ID, or do address and password belong to the previous owner?
If it‘s the latter, you can‘t change the password by yourself. You‘ll have to contact the person who owned the MacBook before, and ask him/her to remove it from the iCloud ID.

OP
D

Delores 122

iPF Noob
Reaction score
2020 apple macbook air

Is linked to a previous address and password.. I know the address, but not the password . It offers to let me change password; I keep changing the apple password…… but it states it is invalid; so get more and more passwords and cannot get past the 1st screen that only wants old address and password. My bank indicated it was jailbroke when I first got the computer.

Please don’t suggest i contact apple. I have spent many, many hours and many case numbers trying to get help. They say they can only transfer. Why do they transfer me to sales department to get help?

I am sitting here with a useless machine that i am still paying for.
The old address is mine and i know address but not the password. I went to old account which was deleted and re-installed program. I put in new password; not the correct one. Aim said password wrong, of course, and i reset password over and over.

Most reactions