What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

M-Edge Executive Leather Case

Amydave

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I received my M-Edge Executive Leather Jacket (in black) & I highly, highly recommend it.

Very fine leather with nice stiching & a soft interior with several small pockets. Also has a strap that allows it to fold so it can stand by itself.

M-Edge | Products | Executive Jacket for Apple iPad

I have had a similar leather case for my Kindle for the last 2 years and it is a quality item.

Just wondering if anyone has found a glare screen that really works well and does not take an engineer to install?

I would like it for when I read with ibooks.

largefarva

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How secure is your ipad in that case?

My wife was interested in one of the canvas cases they make but wasn't sure how loose it would be with just those straps on the corners holding the ipad in the case.

OP
A

Amydave

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Very secure. There are two small pockets on the bottom plus two straps on the top. It's not going anywhere!

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has found a glare screen that really works well and does not take an engineer to install?

You might try taking some iPad screen protective film to a local dud that does window tinting for cars. He should know how to quickly apply it without bubbles.

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did anyone notice this case weights three quarters of a pound. The iPad is heavy enough already for such a slim device.

OP
A

Amydave

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ended up getting the Speck Shield View Anti-Glare Screen Protector.
Went on pretty easy and on looks good.

melusine

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Question about this case: how do you find it for typing on, when sitting on a flat surface? As far as I can gather there's no way to stand it up at a low angle.

Solitar6y

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I ordered an anti-glare screen from Power Support USA last week. I haven't received it yet, but should either today or tomorrow. It was pricey, ~$30 after tax/shipping from CA. The Apple store in NYC recommended it.

Almost all Anti-glare screen protectors have the issue of making the screen its protecting look slightly granulated. The up side is the reduced glare and most do not attract fingerprints easily, if at all. According to one review on the site, this one did not reduce screen quality. However, I'm slightly skeptical. I'll post a review once I get it on.

On a side note - has anyone come across an extensive product review of the [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003ETHNA4?ie=UTF8&tag=appleipadaccessories-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B003ETHNA4"]Napp Tuff-Luv Leather case[/ame]? Its pricey, but it seems like its good for its multi viewing angles (typing or watching a movie), genuine leather, and the way it holds the ipad with a frame, rather than 4 elastic bands/pockets at the corners, which is more secure, especially in the case of a drop.

Kupe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How secure is your ipad in that case?

My wife was interested in one of the canvas cases they make but wasn't sure how loose it would be with just those straps on the corners holding the ipad in the case.
I purchased the M-edge Latitude case because it zips closed and has a couple of external pockets on it. I like the zipper protection and I keep my Verizon MiFi in one of the elastic webbing, zipper closure pockets for 3G access. The corner straps hold the iPad very securely and are so tight, I can't even put a skin-tight cover on the iPad and put it into the Latitude. The case, when empty, weighs 9.5 ounces.

Most reactions

Latest posts