What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost icon on ipad2

kimdongyu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HOw to fix lost icon on ipad2??? My icon photos on ipad2 change blank/white icon..my ipad2 OS 5.0.1

Thank you very much

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
kimdongyu said:
HOw to fix lost icon on ipad2??? My icon photos on ipad2 change blank/white icon..my ipad2 OS 5.0.1

Thank you very much

Hi and welcome to the Forum!

I can't quite understand what you are saying. Are you speaking of the native photos app and has it disappeared or changed or are you saying that all your icons have changed. Have you somehow activated the White/Black setting on your iPad? Settings - General - Accessibility - White on Black and turn it off here. Let us know what it is and then we will be able to help you.

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
2 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

fre_ber

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't be 100% certain, but I think that the problem is that some icons has become pure white boxes. This has happened to me as well. I don't know what tweak/app I installed just prior to this. The first thing I noticed was a bunch of completely new icons that I hadn't seen before. They are all just white boxes and the apps are called AdSheet, Setup, DataActivation, FieldTest and iOS Diagnostics. Setup appears to re-start the initial os initialisation and FieldTest shows a lot of interesting data concerning the mobile data network.

Today I also noticed that the native Photos app icon has turned into a white box. It still works as it should, it just doesn't show the correct icon on the springboard.

I have not yet tried to do anything about it, perhaps something as simple as syncing with iTunes will fix it, but I thought It prudent to try to clarify this post. I hope that my understanding of the original post is correct.

Edit: It is probably the same thing as the post "Two icons have gone blank":
Pixiepix said:
Hy would only two icons (google maps and iTunes) on my iPad 2 be blank ( no picture just grey). How this happened - don't know - done lathing different. Rebooted and to no avail .... Still blank. Please help. Thanks :)

Edit2: As per Mickey's response in other threads, try iCacheWipe from Cydia if re-spring doesn't solve the problem.

Edit3: Drat, re-starting the springboard fixed the icon, but it also removed the diagnostics apps that mysteriously appeared before. Now I have to search for how to get them back. I liked the FieldTest one. ;)

Last edited:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh this is a Jailbroken iPad here I guess. I've now moved this thread to our Hacking Section where you will receive a better response.

fre_ber

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine is jailbroken. I have no idea if the original poster's pad is. But it probably is since the other similar reports seem to be on jailbroken devices.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
fre_ber said:
Mine is jailbroken. I have no idea if the original poster's pad is. But it probably is since the other similar reports seem to be on jailbroken devices.

Yes I think you're right here that the OP's iPad is Jailbroken, he hasnt been back as yet, but it's the best place to have your problem sorted too.

hexum311ad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This same issue is happening to me , the icons appeared right after i used xxxxxxxxx to install skyfire. I also had the same issue on my iPhone 4. A respring does correct it but wanted to contribute.

Is there a respring app or an action in activator to quickly respring?

iPad 2, iOs 5.1.1 wifi -jail broken w absenth
iPhone, iOs 5.1.0, VZW -jail broken w absenth

Last edited by a moderator:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
hexum311ad said:
This same issue is happening to me , the icons appeared right after i used xxxxxxxxx to install skyfire. I also had the same issue on my iPhone 4. A respring does correct it but wanted to contribute.

Is there a respring app or an action in activator to quickly respring?

iPad 2, iOs 5.1.1 wifi -jail broken w absenth
iPhone, iOs 5.1.0, VZW -jail broken w absenth

The software you have used is Piracy related.....we do not condone nor discuss anything related to Piracy here.

Jail breaking and hacking does NOT equal stealing or pirating! Do not be a Pirate!!

Most reactions

Latest posts