What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loss of sound on iPad2

ManicDreamer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All

I've just been using my mom's iPad, which is my old iPad 2, and it seems to no longer have any sound in certain Apps and situations.

It's not muted, but has no sound in games eg Angry Birds, yet if I put headphones in, it plays sound through them.... I tried deleting Angry Birds and reinstalling (before I found out about the headphones), I've upgraded to iOS6 and still the same. Videos play with external sound, as do the different notifications in thevSettings menu, but the apps seem silent as does the keyboard when it's set to play the key sounds...

Any ideas would be welcomed as I'm lost!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Update!

Moderator, please remove this as I've solved my original problem thanks

Last edited:

fjabjr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ManicDreamer said:
Hi All

I've just been using my mom's iPad, which is my old iPad 2, and it seems to no longer have any sound in certain Apps and situations.

It's not muted, but has no sound in games eg Angry Birds, yet if I put headphones in, it plays sound through them.... I tried deleting Angry Birds and reinstalling (before I found out about the headphones), I've upgraded to iOS6 and still the same. Videos play with external sound, as do the different notifications in thevSettings menu, but the apps seem silent as does the keyboard when it's set to play the key sounds...

Any ideas would be welcomed as I'm lost!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Update!

Moderator, please remove this as I've solved my original problem thanks

Manic dreamer, Please share how you solved your problem because I'm having the same problem.

Thanks.

fjabjr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
fjabjr said:
Manic dreamer, Please share how you solved your problem because I'm having the same problem.

Thanks.

Never mind. Figured it out. Stupid side switch mute!

Most reactions