What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Losing data from cloud and Notes in iPad2 and iPad3

Moray

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Suppose I have an iPad2 and an iPad3. I write notes in Notes on the iPad2. I assume they have gone to the cloud. I open iPad3 and access the Notes on the cloud and synch them onto the iPad3. Since I no longer want them on the iPad2 I delete them on the iPad2. What happens is they are deleted also on the cloud and also on the iPad3. IS THIS NORMAL? What should I have done?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes. iCloud is providing your Notes app with synchronisation, not file transfer. If you write the note it is available on all your devices. If you delete the note it is removed from all the devices. The in-built Notes app does not have the capability to keep some notes only local, therefore you cannot do what you want to do with Notes. Sorry :(

Most reactions