What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking to free movie an tv app for iPad?

STeBoS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Crackle is ok. Gotta sit through ads but it's free.

Please read comic books

TaraB00

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AdmiralAdama said:
For TV, CBC, CTV, Global & CityTv offer free
streaming apps for iPad and iPhone.
They offer a good selection of their over the air content. Most programs are available 24 hours after they air.

AA

Is this a website or a app? How do I get to it? Thanks

TaraB00

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry I'm a complete noob but I typed in global & city tv and nothing came up?

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
That's why. Most TV networks do not stream (at least for free) outside their domestic markets. The other reason is distribution rights.
CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) may have a global app.

Have you checked out the BBCiplayet? It's not free ($8.99 per month) but you're not locked in. If you don't like it, cancel.

AA

TaraB00

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok cool ill have a look. Im finding most free apps offer movies and tv shows I've never even heard of, I'm looking for more recent shows and movies, same with free music downloaders, I've never heard of majority of the songs on offer!

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
As a courtesy, I'll just say that "free" content is not free. It is paid for or subsidized via commercials inserted in the programming.

This discussion is drifting into piracy territory, a theme not permitted on iPF.

Check your Australia based TV networks / stations for legal (sponsored) free or pay apps in the App store.

Good luck.

AA

OP
G

geekchic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am looking for something to be able to catch up on smash, etc. I am going to get Netflix soon, so I can watch it after my wisdom teeth are out while recovering. :)

Most reactions