What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for case with solid screen protector

Jmantiki2721

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I'm looking for a good case with hard screen protector for my 64gb. I know the OB defender is amazing for iPhones yet it is not out yet for ipad. I saw the ivy skins with their touch-thru glass protector but I don't know if it is any good. Also does anyone else know of any other good options or have good experiences? Thanks!

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After waiting in vain for the Otterbox defender, I've settled for the Hard Candy StreetSkin. It should be delivered by Tuesday and I'll report later once it's installed.

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Street Skin was delivered yesterday via USPS. Fits snugly, installs easily and has well-positioned ports. Attaching the faceplate is positive via four posts, one at each corner. The faceplate can be attached to the back while the iPad is in use. If I wish, I can still keep the iPad in my CrazyOnDigital folio case with the StreetSkin installed. Although I don't think that this case will protect my iPad from a shoulder-high fall to hard pavement, I think that it will be more than adequate to cushion against bumps and 'soft' falls.

OP
J

Jmantiki2721

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hmm it looks solid enough... do you think i would also need to put a screen shield on also to protect it from random scratches or mishaps while in use?

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hmm it looks solid enough... do you think i would also need to put a screen shield on also to protect it from random scratches or mishaps while in use?

Personally I'm not a fan of screen protectors but many here swear by the Zagg product. I don't think that I would scratch the screen while using it and the clip-on faceplate looks to be fine for protection in transit.

gekkota

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I read in another forum that using the faceplate with a screen protector can cause a pattern of square indentations in the screen protector (from the pattern of the faceplate.)

The poster couldn't figure out why his iPad screen had the markings--he even posted photos of the odd effect. He finally figured out it was the pressure of the faceplate.

Just fyi...

Apple4lif333

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Get the one i got

I got one form Stealthguards and it is worth every penny. I didnt want to pay 40+ for th invisishield after reading some bad reviews. I got this one from there site and it cost like 20 dollars.

It is way better than the invivible shield and it was cheaper. I cant believe people would pay so much just for top names when there are so many others out there which can be better.

www.stealthguards.com

300X250_iPad.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts