What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for advice on company forms & Ipad

mortennb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all.

I am working for a aviation company with to much paperwork, and our workplace is in the field.
We have weekly checklists, monthly control forms, duty report, billing, safe job analysis when completing a job, etc

We are getting multiple Ipad minis for our employees to try and get away from all the flying paper.

I am looking for a software / app that lets me create different forms Imac / Macbook Pro while sitting in the office, that our employees have access to on the Ipad while in the field.
They should be able to fill inn, and submit the form so the main office have access to it right away. (As long as they have Wifi or 3/4G connection)

I am pretty sure I am not the only one that have been looking for this, so I am hoping for some good feedback on what to look into, and also what to avoid.

- TJ

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello all.

I am working for a aviation company with to much paperwork, and our workplace is in the field.
We have weekly checklists, monthly control forms, duty report, billing, safe job analysis when completing a job, etc

We are getting multiple Ipad minis for our employees to try and get away from all the flying paper.

I am looking for a software / app that lets me create different forms Imac / Macbook Pro while sitting in the office, that our employees have access to on the Ipad while in the field.
They should be able to fill inn, and submit the form so the main office have access to it right away. (As long as they have Wifi or 3/4G connection)

I am pretty sure I am not the only one that have been looking for this, so I am hoping for some good feedback on what to look into, and also what to avoid.

- TJ

The best thing I can think of is to use an online storage account (I use Dropbox, which is wonderful, IMHO :)).

With an online storage, your employees can fill in a form on their iPads and upload it to the storage account. From there, the "main office" people can then access the document and do what they need.

I recommend Dropbox in this case because the majority of office apps have Dropbox integrated right into their app - so the person can upload to Dropbox right after they've completed the paperwork. Oh, and the reverse is true - documents can be passed "to the field" from the main office for opening/viewing/editing by the employee. The only thing to be careful of is to make sure updates are done (but, Dropbox has a sharing type of folder where people can make "live" edits).

Maybe that'll work?

Marilyn

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Expensive but powerful: Filemaker Pro for the Mac and Filemaker Go for iPad.

Other users have mentioned Form Connect. It's probably worth looking into.

Or you could use standard PDF tools to create PDF forms, use an app like PDF Expert to fill them out, and a cloud service to share and submit them. You should check out both DropBox and Box for this; though in my opinion Box has the edge in control and sharing for businesses.

Most reactions

Latest posts