What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Logitech Pencil for iPad Pro?

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
How long do you think it will be before Logitech makes a competing Pencil for the iPad Pro?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Unlike the keyboard, I haven't heard that Apple is releasing the specs for third parties to make competing products. While I'm sure some company will make a knockoff eventually, I would't expect a respected brand like Logitech to make an un-approved version of the Pencil.

Tuttle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Third party styluses (styli?) have a history of being useless. I have bought and tested (then relegated to a drawer) most of them. Any third party stylus will have to make serious use of the enhanced scanning speed of the pro, because that seems to me to be crucial. I'm not sure if the iPad Pro also has a finer set of capacitor sensor grid points or not. But I am banking on the Apple Pencil, though I do hope some SERIOUS third party (ie, not Adonit, et al!) will study the iPad Pro hardware carefully and try to improve on the Apple Pencil (though I don't know yet how good the latter is! But better is always desirable).

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I see NOT Adonit, but before I bought the Pencil, I found the Adonit BT Touch to be a really accurate stylus and enjoyed using it. Of course its not the Pencil--which is why I bought the Pencil. I've used a big Wacom Graphics tablet for years and appreciate the attributes of the Pencil. I would bet a third party equivalent would be as much or not much different than the price of the Pencil though.

Most reactions