What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Locked screen orientation

peterwhi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine is locked at portrait. I Double click Home button, get to the controls where the orientation button is supposed to be, but find there (on the extreme left) only the mute button. How do I unlock the orientation? IPad Guide doesn't offer any solution.

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's the switch on the side above the volume. The option to swap the two (mute, rotation) is available in settings > general > use side switch to...

Yelltran

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks from me for this,this has been a nuisance to me specially lying in bed and trying to keep an upright screen.

Tony (Ipad 2)32gb super

auss1epaul

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the opposite problem? My screen does not auto rotate when I turn it. I haves turned the side button for screen lock and set it to off! Any ideas?

hostiin4444

iPF Noob
Reaction score
auss1epaul said:
I have the opposite problem? My screen does not auto rotate when I turn it. I haves turned the side button for screen lock and set it to off! Any ideas?

I have the same problem. I've tried what manual says. Set the side lock button, too.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Double click the Home button to open the multi-task bar and then flick the screen to the right. There is the soft control that is either the Mute or Orientation Lock. In any case, if the orientation lock is set, you should see the orientation lock icon on the top menu bar of the iPad towards the right hand edge of the screen, next to the battery status.

Tim

kallesuchi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Autorotate not working! Not locked in the menubar. Not locked in the right switch.
Turning on and off does not restore.

Damooze

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Slap on the smart cover or take it off and then put it back on. Fixed my problem.

thall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Double click the Home button to open the multi-task bar and then flick the screen to the right. There is the soft control that is either the Mute or Orientation Lock. In any case, if the orientation lock is set, you should see the orientation lock icon on the top menu bar of the iPad towards the right hand edge of the screen, next to the battery status.

Tim

thanks, this solved my problem. i note, however, that it took me 15 mins to figure out what the "home" button was (nothing is labelled), and "flick to the right" actually means "do what it takes to get the screen to go to the left". i've owned this ipad for a year, and use it mainly for google & weather: apple makes phenomenal hardware, and awfull software.

Most reactions

Latest posts