What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Locator on the map for various apps

dgk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a few apps that asks if it can use my location. It shows that I am located in a place in a different province here in Canada. How do I fix my location?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
To the best of my knowledge there is no way to do this directly.

Things that you can try.

If you have an iPad with 3G and GPS, make sure you've got a good lock on your location. Open the Map app and make sure it can find you.

If you have a Wifi only iPad, go into Settings, General, Location services and turn them off. Most apps will at least stop asking you at that point. Apps that need to know where you are to work properly, as opposed to serving you localized ads, should have an option to set you location. The method will vary.

wis1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having a gps problem also since I upgraded to 4.2.1 the stock map app thinks I'm in Texas when I'm in Wisconsin. It worked great with 3.2. Mine is 64mb wifi 3G. I'm having photo and mail problems also. I've reinstalled 4.2.1 a number of times and still the same problems, I want 3.2 back at least everything worked!

wis1

Most reactions

Latest posts