What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loading photographs

Alex101

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Had original problems loading photographs to the iPad4 to keep them in different folders, without deleting existing ones. Now I know how this works, by having a single folder with various folders in it.

My question is now regarding loading more photographs using an SHHC memory card with the connectioon kit. If I load additional photographs with the card, will that remove the existing folders on the iPad, or make new folders. Does it work the same way in that the card can contain several folders ???

Thanks

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Alex... - you might want to clarify a few points: 1) Folders w/i folders - are these images from your camera or synced from your computer via iTunes? and 2) SDHC (assume that is the proper name) card - is this your camera card and are you attaching it to the CCK (camera connection kit) then to the iPad to import images onto the device? Answers to these questions will make responding much easier.

Now I'll just make an assumption regarding the SDHC card and assume that you are using the CCK - when attached the native 'Photo App' will open w/ a new tab labeled 'Camera' which will show all of the images on the SD card - those w/ a green check have been imported previously - you can select others to be imported - the selected ones will be placed on the iPad into a new folder called 'Last Imported' and also into the 'Imported' folder - these can now be manipulated on your iPad.

Hope that the above was the proper assumption - more information HERE - good luck and please respond back - :)

OP
Alex101

Alex101

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi giradman, thanks for the reply.

After the initial sync trials with my photo albums, I realised that I need to sync only one album/folder from my PC, within which can be several albums. This I am now OK with and future sync of that album will not change unless I add or subtract from the albums in it. I now wish to try using the CCK with a suitable card, but was not sure how this added to the other albums on the iPad4. I did not wish to lose the existing albums, but it seems that this will not happen.

Your additional link has been most helpful and I will give it a try.

Many thanks

Alex

Most reactions