What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Live Video Streaming Coming Soon to Instagram

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
Instagram to get live video streaming.JPG

iDownload Blog reports that Instagram co-founder and CEO Kevin Systrom has told the Financial Times today that live video streaming is coming soon to Instagram.
“Live is really exciting for us,” Systrom told the FT. “I think it can enhance what we’re doing. If I’m trying to strengthen relationships with someone I love, them streaming video to me live would be an amazing way to be closer to them.”

While Systrom did not mention a date when live video streaming would be arriving on Instagram, it clearly will be sooner rather than later, as a Russian news site, Tjournal.ru, has also reported that Instagram is testing the feature with a small number of Russian users.

The live streaming feature will be very easy to use, simply requiring you to press a red “Go Insta” button to start streaming to your followers. Live videos will also appear in Instagram Stories, with a LIVE banner at the top of the Stories feed to indicate that you are live streaming.

A list of popular live broadcasts will also be included.

Source: Instagram confirms live video streaming is coming to its mobile app

Most reactions

Latest posts