What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LinkedIn CEO giving iPad mini units to employees

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
13.02.13-Weiner.jpg

The iPad – the tablet that made its ways into countless business and organizations – we’re talking schools, hospitals and governmental establishments – hits the social media world, as well.

LinkedIn boss, Jeff Weiner, planned a big surprise for his 3,500 employees this week, by handing out to each and one of them an iPad mini. The gesture comes to recognize the active contributions of each teammate, contributions that allowed for the growth and expansion of the professional oriented social network.​​

A LinkedIn representative commented on the event:

“We wanted to acknowledge the hard work and accomplishments of all of our employees in 2012," a LinkedIn representative said in a prepared statement. During today’s biweekly All Hands meeting, we surprised our employees with iPad Minis as a small gesture of the company’s gratitude for their contributions.â€

The company didn’t hand out the cheapest version of the gadget, but instead opted for the 32GB version which costs $429 a piece. So the whole gift package had the social media establishment paying the average sum of $1.5 million.

LinkedIn future’s seems to be stirring in the right direction. At the most recent quarterly conference call, the social network revealed that its revenue reached the $303.6 million threshold. The number represents an 81% increase, compared to what it made last year. Overall, the company did better than expected, as Wall Street’s prediction axed off $25 million of the communicated number.

Source: BusinessInsider

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nice... I read this yesterday. The iPad mini is cheaper to give all the employees than the standard size (yes, I am evil and must be destroyed lol); however, it's a wonderful gesture. I would be happy with a free mini as I already have the standard size.

Sent from my WiFi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts