What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Life without iPad Flash

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ipad-no-flash1.jpg

As the "no flash" saga continues, Lee Brimelow of TheFlashBlog gives us a preview of the web without flash on the iPad. The photos above highlight some very popular websites that require flash. Apple has stood it's ground not allowing flash into the iPhone or iPod Touch and it appears they will take the same approach with the iPad forcing web designers to HTML 5. However, this brings up a question that many are asking. How can the iPad deliver the ultimate browsing experience if you can't view a handful of the most popular Internet sites?

Fear not though, iPad Forums.net does not us flash and your iPad viewing experience will be top notch!
I feel I need to set something straight to stop the rampant misrepresentation of this post. Firstly, this is not the official Flash blog of Adobe. I am one of hundreds of employees that blog. As for the main idea of this post, Adobe believes that something that ignores a huge part of the web cannot be the ultimate browsing experience. Personally I love Apple products, especially my iPhone, and that is why I’m so passionate about all this.
Lee Brimelow is a Platform Evangelist at Adobe focusing on the Flash, Flex, and AIR developer communities.

{Source: The Flash Blog The iPad provides the ultimate browsing experience?}

OP
iDan

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here was the original image posted on TheFlashBlog.com.

ipad-no-flash2.jpg

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Damn..i guess youtube is the savior here. Well i know i regonize videos from hulu on YT. But YT doenst have very video out there therfore, flash will be missed on the iPad.

I guess Ipad would be cool to use on here, but i dont see any advantages.

Firehazel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm starting to get overly pissed over the fact that people say"no Flash!"
Are you going to DIE without Flash? Seriously?
Yes it's used in a lot of Web content. But no, it will not kill the experience. Do you complain about the iPhone or iPod touch not having Flash? No! Did that stop the two from becoming hot products? Most certainly not! GET THE FRENCH OVER IT!

God

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm starting to get overly pissed over the fact that people say"no Flash!"
Are you going to DIE without Flash? Seriously?
Yes it's used in a lot of Web content. But no, it will not kill the experience. Do you complain about the iPhone or iPod touch not having Flash? No! Did that stop the two from becoming hot products? Most certainly not! GET THE FRENCH OVER IT!
Firehazel, I'd like to point out a simple mistake you've made.

The iPod was designed for easy enjoyability of music without lugging around a cd player that requires batteries and unable to sync with a computer.
The iPhone was designed for the same as the iPod Touch, but with calling and sms/text messaging capabilities.

The iPad is developed for a mobile experience, yes, but it's also for users whom of which are not business. Business or not, something is probably going to use flash. I know plenty of businesses that have flash implemented to run their every day tasks, for quick updates and changes. Though this may easily be done with AJAX, they choose not to. The iPad should be able to implement Flash and other like products. It should be a mobile Macbook-type operating system. But, no. They chose to go with the "iPad" OS. The "larger scale" of an iPhone.

Most reactions