What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet

Reaction score
Thanks. They really seem to be filling a niche for those who want TRUE business capability without the girth of a laptop, something that is currently missing in the tablet world on any platform.
In the business world time is money and work arounds cost time.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

OP
jsh1120

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thought you might find it interesting, Mark. We'll see if Lenvoo manages to make a small dent in the tablet market. Given the usb support and the Lenovo quality keyboard, I suspect they may find a niche among the legion of Lenovo laptop users.

Reaction score
This whole who will dominate thing gets old . Manufacturers make expensive toys like businesses only need a modified, 1/4"thick ,Xbox that you can put fancy wallpapers and widgets on, with a crappy camera onboard while the business world still has to make sure they are within 4 hours of plugging their machine in or get back to the desktop to do real world business applying. If it doesn't have access to Star Walk or Angry Birds on the Android market/ios app store so be it.
If someone makes a tablet type device geared exclusively toward eliminating text books in the schools at a decent price will it be the " killer "of anything? Who cares. The schools, students , teachers, and parents win .

Support Our Troops!!

OP
jsh1120

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This whole who will dominate thing gets old . Manufacturers make expensive toys like businesses only need a modified, 1/4"thick ,Xbox that you can put fancy wallpapers and widgets on, with a crappy camera onboard while the business world still has to make sure they are within 4 hours of plugging their machine in or get back to the desktop to do real world business applying. If it doesn't have access to Star Walk or Angry Birds on the Android market/ios app store so be it.
If someone makes a tablet type device geared exclusively toward eliminating text books in the schools at a decent price will it be the " killer "of anything? Who cares. The schools, students , teachers, and parents win .

Support Our Troops!!

All true, especially the market domination issue. And by the way, the Lenovo has a superior camera and includes Angry Birds free of charge. :)

On the textbook front, it will be interesting to see if Amazon's forthcoming tablet makes a dedicated play in that market. They certainly have the brand base for doing so.

As a former college prof I have to say that I never worried much about the cost of textbooks for my students (though they frequently squawked), but that was in the day when the total set of books for my class might run $60-$80. I'm appalled at the experience of many students these days in spending 10 times that or more on textbooks for a semester.

Reaction score
JSH, that wasn't meant toward you.
I apologize if it seemed that way.
I'm a super moderator on another forum and my number 1 pet peeve that I don't tolerate is fanboyism . It always leads to personal attacks, thread closures and takes away from newbies learning about their devices

Support Our Troops!!

OP
jsh1120

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
JSH, that wasn't meant toward you.
I apologize if it seemed that way.
I'm a super moderator on another forum and my number 1 pet peeve that I don't tolerate is fanboyism . It always leads to personal attacks, thread closures and takes away from newbies learning about their devices

Support Our Troops!!

Didn't even cross my mind that it was intended for me, Mark. That either indicates your comments were perfectly legitimate or that I'm so obtuse that I don't get it when I'm being criticized. :) In either event, no harm no foul.

And as I think you know, we share a distaste for fanboyism.

OP
jsh1120

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think we should stay more on topic and not get personal.;), if you want this thread to remain open.

Message heard. Just to make sure there's no misunderstanding, there was no animosity in Mark's and my exchange. Sorry if we seem to have derailed the discussion.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh, I know. You two are two peas in a pod.;) I wasn't trippin about that.

We just don't want to see this thread turn into fanboy bashing. Threads like these typically do ~ Apple, Android or any other or it will be closed. it was almost heading in that direction, but I saved you both!:D

Remember your topic and stay on it.

Last edited:
OP
jsh1120

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score

We just don't want to see this thread turn into fanboy bashing. Threads like these typically do ~ Apple, Android or any other or it will be closed. it was almost heading in that direction, but I saved you both!:D

OK...But since it's an off-topic forum, can I bash Yankee fans?

Last edited by a moderator:

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

We just don't want to see this topic turn into fanboy bashing. Threads like these typically do ~ Apple, Android or any other or it will be closed. it was almost heading in that direction, but I saved you both!:D

LOL! Probably not....;)

OP
jsh1120

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score

We just don't want to see this topic turn into fanboy bashing. Threads like these typically do ~ Apple, Android or any other or it will be closed. it was almost heading in that direction, but I saved you both!:D

LOL! Probably not....;)

Just another example of the oppression to which we Mariner fans are subjected. OK. I'll stop now. :D

Reaction score

LOL! Probably not....;)

Just another example of the oppression to which we Mariner fans are subjected. OK. I'll stop now. :D

Try being a Seahawks fan as well as Mariners fan. Oh the pain of loving the Seattle Seagulls, chickens, ducks, etc. I've been hearing it since 1976.
Anyway the Think Pad looks like it could fill holes left by other tablets.
I really liked the authors perspective on things.

Support Our Troops!!

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts