What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 HELP

d.leach

iPF Noob
Reaction score
homeontheburrow said:
I need some help. I am in the last book, in the courtyard with the giant and Nagini. I've been running around shooting things, but I can't seem to glean the goal of the mission. I keep getting shot by Deatheaters. How do I proceed?

First off, kill the deatheaters using reducto.

glasgow2888

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The swing I could handle...jus move the toggle(your thumb) back and forth sideways and he will go higher and higher and get all the nuggets....my biggest trouble is with the weseleys twins and the rockets and the broom..can't get to it in chapter 5!!!!

dospassos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, all! I am new to this forum, but I have just read through all of the threads. This has been great. So many of you have answered questions I would have asked. Thank you all for your help. It has increased my enjoyment of the game more than I can say.
I have noticed that a number of people seem to be having trouble with the thumb control for getting precise jumps and other movements. I purchased a FLING, the little suction cup controller that sticks to the side of the iPad over the screen controller. This has helped me greatly. My movements are more accurate and controlled. It may slip around a bit, but i find it easy to readjust. I highly recommend it if you feel your thumb isn't giving you the right control.
My pet Peeves (he he) about this game center around the dueling. I feel I'm just not getting the hang of it. Sometimes I seem to do best by rapidly tapping on just one side of the screen. Other times it works to rhythmically tap one side then the other. It all feels very random, though. Are there any dueling masters out there that can give me some lessons? I would really appreciate the help.

MrLuke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dospassos said:
My pet Peeves (he he) about this game center around the dueling. I feel I'm just not getting the hang of it. Sometimes I seem to do best by rapidly tapping on just one side of the screen. Other times it works to rhythmically tap one side then the other. It all feels very random, though. Are there any dueling masters out there that can give me some lessons? I would really appreciate the help.

A few tips that I can give are:
1: if you're playing in free play, always play the game with dumbledore as your main character. If you enter a duel as him you get twice as many hearts (8) iirc.
2a: as well as deflecting by tapping the bottom of the screen, you can also cancel a shot fired at you by sending one of the same power back (see point 2b).
2b: if they charge a shot and it fires always deflect it back, unless you send a charged shot back, they won't cancel out.
3: if you're duelling a less arduous character (i.e. Malfoy and his friends most death eaters). It's often easiest to either: spam your shots (don't bother with charging), or, charge a shot up at the beginning and then if and when it hits spam yours shots, this will normally kill them without too much difficulty.
4: if however you're duelling a better character (i.e. voldemort, belatrix) I'd recommend duelling them by using the following technique: you want to stun them, and then spam shots at them while they're stunned and can't defend themselves. Do this over and over again and you should defeat them fairly quickly.
... The techniques I've said in 3 and 4 should work most if not all times providing you also deflect where nesscary if they attempt to hurt you. If you can't get a stun shot off because they're firing too quickly it's worth it if you just stop firing and deflect constantly, eventually they'll fire a charge shot that you'll deflect correctly and you'll end up stunning them.
Best of luck and I hope I've helped.
P.S. it's worth noting that it is impossible so far as I can tell to beat shape the first time you duel him as the story is set up so that he wins, you'll notice that he fires far quicker than anyone else in the game.

Sent via iPF from my iPad2 iOS 5.1.

Boogiesbabies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a quick question, in Chapter 7, how do you distract the dragon? I have built the tricycle, but die after that. Thank you for your help.

MrLuke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Boogiesbabies said:
I have a quick question, in Chapter 7, how do you distract the dragon? I have built the tricycle, but die after that. Thank you for your help.

Move around on it while tapping the wand icon, this causes the been to ring which scares it (as in the book). Good luck!

dospassos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MrLuke said:
A few tips that I can give are:
1: if you're playing in free play, always play the game with dumbledore as your main character. If you enter a duel as him you get twice as many hearts (8) iirc.
2a: as well as deflecting by tapping the bottom of the screen, you can also cancel a shot fired at you by sending one of the same power back (see point 2b).
2b: if they charge a shot and it fires always deflect it back, unless you send a charged shot back, they won't cancel out.
3: if you're duelling a less arduous character (i.e. Malfoy and his friends most death eaters). It's often easiest to either: spam your shots (don't bother with charging), or, charge a shot up at the beginning and then if and when it hits spam yours shots, this will normally kill them without too much difficulty.
4: if however you're duelling a better character (i.e. voldemort, belatrix) I'd recommend duelling them by using the following technique: you want to stun them, and then spam shots at them while they're stunned and can't defend themselves. Do this over and over again and you should defeat them fairly quickly.
... The techniques I've said in 3 and 4 should work most if not all times providing you also deflect where nesscary if they attempt to hurt you. If you can't get a stun shot off because they're firing too quickly it's worth it if you just stop firing and deflect constantly, eventually they'll fire a charge shot that you'll deflect correctly and you'll end up stunning them.
Best of luck and I hope I've helped.
P.S. it's worth noting that it is impossible so far as I can tell to beat shape the first time you duel him as the story is set up so that he wins, you'll notice that he fires far quicker than anyone else in the game.

Wow! There really is an art to this that I haven't appreciated. Sounds like I need a lot more practice. The way I was dueling it just seemed so repetitive that I wasn't even considering buying the Dueling Club module, but now I am excited to get it to try out all of your suggested techniques. Interestingly, I had usually selected Dumbledore as my free play character, but never noticed that he had more hearts than the others.
Thank you so much for your detailed response. You have opened up a whole new aspect of the game for me!

MrLuke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dospassos said:
Wow! There really is an art to this that I haven't appreciated. Sounds like I need a lot more practice. The way I was dueling it just seemed so repetitive that I wasn't even considering buying the Dueling Club module, but now I am excited to get it to try out all of your suggested techniques. Interestingly, I had usually selected Dumbledore as my free play character, but never noticed that he had more hearts than the others.
Thank you so much for your detailed response. You have opened up a whole new aspect of the game for me!

Haha! I'm glad I've helped! I've only actually played the game through twice (once normal, once free play) but when I went through free play I decided to try different techniques as well as purposely lose games to see the mechanics behind how duels are done. I personally haven't bought the duelling club yet because it doesn't seem worth the money when you consider how much game you get for about 4 times the price when you buy the actual game in the first place.
Best of luck in perfecting your style and I hope you enjoy yourself!

dsmith16

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, all.

I and several others have posted a few times that we're stuck getting past the books at Bathilda Bagshot's. We've seen a couple of posts that others have been stuck, and gotten past, but not how they did it. I'm wondering if someone would be so kind as to tell us what the solution was, if you remember?

I simply cannot get by the books. I've checked walk-thoughs, and completed everything they say, but no success. (The walk-through was for a different platform than the iPad, but everything needing done has seemed very similar or identical.)

I'm wondering if I have a bug, but it's far more likely I'm just not seeing/imagining what needs to be done!

Thanks mucho, mates!
Daka

yuktk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
on the forrest

sorry if my english is not that good, I´m mexican!
I´m stuck where the forrest is, there is left a green pedal and a yellow flower, I only have umbridge harry and hermioni and it says i should use aguamenti
there is a wall made of flowers and I´m just bouncing on the yellow flower, can you help me please? how do i get the aguamenti, and how do i open the wall

Most reactions

Latest posts