What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

leaving clock app on all night?

mikeos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like the idea of using my iPad as a bedside clock.
but I was wondering, if I leave a clock app running all night will this have any negative effects to my iPad?
can it damage the screen in anyway if the display is constantly on for hours on end?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad's screen cannot be damaged by being left on continuously. Indeed, Apple offer the option of showing a slide-show on the lock-screen, when your iPad is asleep.

The display technology used in the iPad screen is similar to that used in digital watches and it doesn't suffer from 'screen burn' like the older PC monitors used to. The backlight on the iPad is LED technology with a typical 100,000 hours life......

Tim

OP
M

mikeos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's reassuring to know,
thanks Tim!

OP
M

mikeos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any clock app recommendations then anyone?

NotAtWork

iPF Noob
Reaction score
[FONT=Helvetica Neue, arial, sans-serif]I use Siri to set my alarms, but I use the Disappearing Bedside Clock app to show me the time when I need it during the night. I use it with my iPad when traveling, but at home I ditched my clock radio in favor of this app & my iPhone on a nightstand charger. I use the app's proximity detection feature, so I just reach toward the phone to activate the time display (which I can read without my glasses). [/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica Neue, arial, sans-serif]The automatic disappearing of the time (and dimming of the display), let's me and the device rest.[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica Neue, arial, sans-serif]I love being in the dark![/FONT]

Most reactions

Latest posts