What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Large Attachments not automatically downloading on iPAD

rlk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Environment - Exchange Server 2010 SP1 - iPad I and II
iPad I (which is in my possession at the moment) is running version 4.3.5 (8L1)

Attachments over 1 MB do not automatically download. So when a user is on a plane or do not have 3g or wifi, they can not open any attachment over 1MB

We have changed in active sync policy attachment size to 6000 for 6mb and sent a 2 mb file and it did not open . HELP!!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
To the best of my knowledge there is no way to change this default behavior in the Mail app. Larger attachments in Mail do not download until you tap on them. Normally this is good, preventing you from killing bandwidth downloading unwanted large attachments, but I can see where your situation may cause problems.

I can not think of a workable solution, other than reminding people to check their email and download needed attachments before the flight. That or pick one of the airlines that are offering inflight connectivity.

Sorry for not being more helpful.

Most reactions