What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

kodi

lynsey76

iPF Noob
Reaction score
is there any way to install kodi(without restrictions ) on ipad 9th generation?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
What little research I ve done suggests that Kodi can only be installed on jailbroken iPads, and only from iOS 11 and earlier.

Because Kodi is both open source and popular, I can think of only two reasons it is not available for the iPad.

1) Some open source licenses prohibit the distribution of an app by means considered comercial, restrictive, or otherwise contrary to the principles of the person or group who developed the app. Not surprisingly that sometimes includes Apple's App Store.

2) Kodi has the ability to use plug-ins which enable the app to bypass protections and other industry playback restrictions. Apple is unlikely to allow an app known to enable software piracy in the App Store. For the same reason you won't find any torrent clients in the App Store.

For the record, the people who develop/support the Kodi app do not condone piracy. Or so says the Wikipedia page.

OP
L

lynsey76

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What little research I ve done suggests that Kodi can only be installed on jailbroken iPads, and only from iOS 11 and earlier.

Because Kodi is both open source and popular, I can think of only two reasons it is not available for the iPad.

1) Some open source licenses prohibit the distribution of an app by means considered comercial, restrictive, or otherwise contrary to the principles of the person or group who developed the app. Not surprisingly that sometimes includes Apple's App Store.

2) Kodi has the ability to use plug-ins which enable the app to bypass protections and other industry playback restrictions. Apple is unlikely to allow an app known to enable software piracy in the App Store. For the same reason you won't find any torrent clients in the App Store.

For the record, the people who develop/support the Kodi app do not condone piracy. Or so says the Wikipedia page.
sorted on an app store

OP
L

lynsey76

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi all , i sideloaded kodi on my new ipad, only problem is i can not find file manager within kodi to add source. anybody know how to find it? please?

Most reactions