What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kindle Region Restrictions

Yoshiki UK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, so i got my iPad (i'm in the UK) and thought of a book i want. I try to find it on iBooks, but it isn't there, which is fine because the store is reasonably new. So I go to the Kindle store and find my book. But i can't buy it because it isn't available to buy in the UK.

Although not too annoyed, I began looking at workarounds. I've read one about purchasing gift certificate from amazon.com and then using it to purchase items in the UK, because it gets around using a US credit card.

I was wondering however whether this method still works or if amazon have figured it out and blocked it, because I don't want to buy a gift card and then not be able to use it.

Thanks.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know of a workaround for this, but Amazon has to protect themselves legally by adhering to the copyright laws of each country. This is why the iBooks release was delayed in Canada, eh. Besides, I believe they know where you are, not from your credit/debit/gift card location, but from your IP address.

You could always send you iPad to me and I can buy the book for you (for a small honorarium to my favorite charity - ME!) and send it back to you!

Most reactions

Latest posts