What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KINDLE for IPAD2 question

cocod2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. I will have my IPAD2 next week .... it is being shipped now...
I have a kindle on it I have 5 books that were put there from someone I used to know in mobi format..
they are not listed online at amazon.com
cause I did not purchase them.

so I sold my Kindle. still have it here for about another week and a half or 2 till the person who bought it takes it.

how do i put the mobi on my IPAD2...

or could I do it straight from my kindle....
which would be easier...... before I deregister the Kindle...... I cannot aske Kindle support for reasons I told you above:( those five books are the only ones I have like that. the others were all bought from amazon.com

hope I made sense

thank you
coco

Last edited:

antonio107

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you didn't purchase them, how did they get on your kindle? Are they public domain, or did they come loaded with the Kindle...?

OP
C

cocod2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
someone downloaded them for me....

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Either these books are free or you purchased them - in which case you can download them again - or they were purchased by someone else, in which case you do not own them and therefore have no right to transfer them to your iPad.

Tim

autumnbaby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Depends on the DRM status. If the books are DRM free then you can use the USB cord that came with the Kindle and transfer the files over to your computer. If they have DRM on them, then they most likely will only work on that Kindle unless you strip it first (which really isn't ethical).

I'm not sure how to put .mobi files onto the iPad but I would assume there is a reading app that would work with them.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Let's be clear here...

Free is good
Ripped DRM for books you do not own is bad.

iPad Forum does not condone the use of stolen apps, books, movies or music and it will not tolerate any discussion on this topic.

Tim

OP
C

cocod2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
no no maybe I explained it wrong :( she had the books that she bought that were not available in my country .. and she knew I wanted this series so much.. so she sent them to me....
I am not into illegal or ripping off things and would never deal with that..
did she do something wrong and is this not right..
i am knew to all of this so i dont know..

and if it is wrong would i be able to still by on amazon with my ipad
cause i noticed on ibooks that this series was so expensive.

sorry if i caused any problems ...
just new to all of this

fuzzyfelts

iPF Novice
Reaction score
if you download the Kindle App from the App Store to your iPad then you will be able to purchase the books through Amazon and download them to your iPad. I think this is what you are wanting to do??

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Personally, I would keep both devices. I have three Kindles and an ipad2. The Kindles are far better as dedicated reading devices. I will use the iPad to read if I don't have a Kindle handy, but if both are available the Kindle wins hands down.

Most reactions