What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

kindle books on ipad?

Missmouse3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
is it possible to somehow put Kindle books on ipad?
I have 100's of kindle books on my pc & was wondering if there was some way to send them? If so how?
Ive heard of people using ipad as an ereader but maybe they had to buy new books from somewhere?
Im also wondering if such a thing is a good idea anyway re eye strain? I know I get a sore head if I read too much text on a computer screen!

Thanks

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
is it possible to somehow put Kindle books on ipad?
I have 100's of kindle books on my pc & was wondering if there was some way to send them? If so how?
Ive heard of people using ipad as an ereader but maybe they had to buy new books from somewhere?
Im also wondering if such a thing is a good idea anyway re eye strain? I know I get a sore head if I read too much text on a computer screen!

Thanks
As AQ_OC said, all you have to do is download the Kindle App. Other solutions are iBooks, nook, kobo, etc.
You can eRead if you want. I find it difficult and don't do it often because using a screen too long hurts my eyes, a real book is easier for me. I could probably do it on an eInk display however.

Regards.
From the iPad of Goofy8275, iPadForums.net user

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
. . .You can eRead if you want. I find it difficult and don't do it often because using a screen too long hurts my eyes, a real book is easier for me. I could probably do it on an eInk display however.

It used to give me headaches, until I realized it wasn't the screen. It was the ambient light. There is a strong tendency to read in a dark room when using a lit screen, but the contrast is hard on the eyes. Try to minimize the difference in lighting, either by turning on some lights or dimming the iPad screen. Might not work for you, but it you never know.

Most reactions