What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

keyboard like swype

Mmj2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
is there any such thing for the ipad? So far I am totally in love with my ipad 2 but I still find it much easier to type on my android phone because of my swype keyboard. I thought the iphone had a similar type app at one time but I can't find it anywhere. I've had to get a bluetooth keyboard because the soft keyboard was driving me crazy but that's not a great portable solution.

geep

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That &$@); n key vs. Spacebar drives me nuts while typing on the iPad keyboard, if I am typing on my lap I would have to say I have 25%+ errors due to hitting the n key rather than the space bar.....Swype would be nice but........

fva432010

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I feel the same. I had been looking for something like swype or swiftkey, but nothing. If you find an alternative let us know. Here is an opportunity for developers!!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If there are alternative keyboards they will be jailbreak only. You can't swap out the system keyboard any other way. App developers can have any keyboard they care to create, but it will only work in that app.

Android has it's strong points. Customization is one of them.

Most reactions