What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keeping the screen light on

ninster70

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was wondering how you can keep the screen light on while you are reading a book or magazine. Can anyone help me out on this? Thanks!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ninster70 said:
I was wondering how you can keep the screen light on while you are reading a book or magazine. Can anyone help me out on this? Thanks!

If you mean how do you stop the screen from turning off after a period of time,do this;
Go to settings>general>auto-lock,then choose a period that's long enough so that the screen doesn't turn off before you finish reading the page.

Last edited:
OP
N

ninster70

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
If you mean how do you stop the screen from turning off after a period of time,do this;
Go to settings>general>auto-lock,then choose a period that's long enough so that the screen doesn't turn off before you finish reading the page.

Thank you so much for that useful information!

Pommier

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is a nuisance. I don't know why someone hasn't come up with a good solution for Apple. This is not a problem in Android.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Exactly what is a nuisance?The backlit screen on an iPad is a big power drain,that's why the screen automatically goes dark after a short time.It's a power saving feature,which can be disabled when needed,as outlined in my previous post.

Most reactions

Latest posts