What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keep Getting "No Sender" Emails - Please Advise

Panama

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A couple of months ago I got an email that was weird.... It says "No Sender". The date is 12/31/69 ( yeah that's right). And it has no content. There is a blue dot next to it and I cannot open or delete it. When I do edit to do a lot of deletes, it does not give me a circle to check for the delete function.....What the heck is going on? I tried turning off, hard boot etc....but nothing gets rid of this thing.....Now I have five of them and I cannot get rid of them. Has anybody heard of this? I did a search here and did not come up with anything???? Any ideas??? Thanks.

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've had that happen, unfortunately I can't explain it but I could not get rid of it either. It eventually disappeared. I assumed it was a result of something I was trying to do at the time, ( send picture from phone to my email) I will look forward to hear from someone that can explain this.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
A couple of months ago I got an email that was weird.... It says "No Sender". The date is 12/31/69 ( yeah that's right). And it has no content. There is a blue dot next to it and I cannot open or delete it. When I do edit to do a lot of deletes, it does not give me a circle to check for the delete function.....What the heck is going on? I tried turning off, hard boot etc....but nothing gets rid of this thing.....Now I have five of them and I cannot get rid of them. Has anybody heard of this? I did a search here and did not come up with anything???? Any ideas??? Thanks.

A reset should help: press and hold Home and Power button at the same time until the Apple logo appears.

alicepattinson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A reset should help: press and hold Home and Power button at the same time until the Apple logo appears.

Yep2 I agree. I also experienced this and I did a harboot for 5x before it got normal again. hahaha

OP
Panama

Panama

iPF Noob
Reaction score
alicepattinson said:
Yep2 I agree. I also experienced this and I did a harboot for 5x before it got normal again. hahaha

I did a hard reset and it did not fix it....but I will try again. I only did it once though. I see you said it took you maybe 5X before it fixed the problem. I definitely did not think doing it over and over would be any better than just one reset so I only did it once. Will report back if it helped. Since I am not versed on viruses and hacking and spyware and such, I thought it could be somebody trying to put something in my email account for some nefarious reason....haha. Boy would they be surprised....what a waste of their time. I hope this works because they keep increasing their number and I do not understand what it is. Before long I will have a full page and cannot get rid of them.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I did a hard reset and it did not fix it....but I will try again. I only did it once though. I see you said it took you maybe 5X before it fixed the problem. I definitely did not think doing it over and over would be any better than just one reset so I only did it once. Will report back if it helped. Since I am not versed on viruses and hacking and spyware and such, I thought it could be somebody trying to put something in my email account for some nefarious reason....haha. Boy would they be surprised....what a waste of their time. I hope this works because they keep increasing their number and I do not understand what it is. Before long I will have a full page and cannot get rid of them.

This has happened to other iPad users as well, and most of them get the same date. This issue is not new, it's known for years, and has nothing to do with someone trying to put something into your email account.

If resetting doesn't help:

Close the app - double tap the Home button to reveal the multitask bar, then tap the email app there and hold it until it wiggles, then delete the app.
Go to Settings - Mails, Contacts, Calendars. Tap your email account and turn off Mail. Then turn off your iPad, turn it on again and enable Mail in Settings - ...

OP
Panama

Panama

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Would one of the iPad experts tell me what is going on with this please? What caused it in the first place? By the way, I did the upgrade to the latest and greatest IOS a few weeks ago and this email thing never happened in the couple of years I have had the iPad2 until I did this latest upgrade????? Hmmmmmm.

Well, anyway after some hard boots or resets they did finally disappear.....yea!!!!!!! Sometimes little things bug me. I think there is a word for that condition when everything has to be just right.......obsessive??? No, that's not it.

I still think the iPad is the greatest thing since sliced bread ----- I hardly ever turn the laptop PC on anymore. There are a couple of things I need it for but it is gathering a lot of dust in the last couple of years.

Thanks.

Most reactions

Latest posts