What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JuzMel says hi after the iPad 2 won my heart!

juzmel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
milassilem.blogspot.com
Hello all! I was googling for neighbours to add to all the "Story" series games when I chanced upon this forum and so have decided to join! :) I'm a 29yr old fem fan from Melbourne, Australia.

After becoming an Apple fan after getting my iPhone 3GS, I was really excited when the iPad 1 first came out. But because I'm a camera freak (I like to take photos of stuff and cam-whore occasionally too) and the first one didn't had a camera, I had to wait patiently for the next version. Plus I wanted a white one. :D

For weeks, when they annouced the launch of the iPad 2, I was so excited and anticipating its release. I had it in my calendar and Apple also sent emails to patronize almost every week in the lead up to the launch. :(

I didn't have time to go line up for the 25 Mar, 5.00pm Australia launch and when I went after work with the other half around 6.30pm, there were still queues at the Apple stores while other retailers had already sell out of it. Or even if they had it, they didn't have it in white.

We went back again the next day as a guy at the Apple store said that will have stocks coming in but when we got there, there was a queue yet again and they said only stock in black was coming in. We asked around other retailers, found a black WIFI only one for a friend who wanted on and didn't mind the colour. But I went home disappointed again. :(

Then on Wed the following week, the other half happened to be at one of the shopping centres and decided to try his luck. He actually asked them when they will be getting stocks in again. But the guy replied, "we actually have a few on hand now!" The darling called and said they only had the white one in WIFI 32GB. And I was screaming away on the phone, "YESSSS GET IT!!!" :D And the rest they say is history now. heh..

Sorry for the long winded read. :eek:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

They had long lines here too in Aberdeen in the north of Scotland on the day of its launch. What is even more frustrating is that they have many on show in the Apple store for people to try but very few for sale. Yesterday I was in Starbucks and the girl next to me was unwrapping her new white iPad2 with a Smart Cover too and I could hardly stop myself crying out "Where is mine??"

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts