What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just wanted to say Hello

Jennyowner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
A little background about me. I am picking up my new IPad Pro 12.9" from Best Buy next week when the newest is released. It is preordered. I am both excited and nervous! This is a birthday present from my special friend. We are both widow and widower 16 years or so.
I had an IPad which is probably ten to twelve years old and unfortunately "bit the dust". Because of the age of it, I chose not to take it in to be fixed, if it even could. I have really missed having an IPad. I will be using the IPad Pro mainly for fun and entertainment, and internet surfing. Hope to get a few videos of my chocolate Lab! I love to surf for new recipes and knitting patterns. I am an avid knitter, on my knitting machines and hand knitting. I love to cook. In the last two years I have acquired two Instapots (newest kind of safe pressure cooker) and air fryer and they are real game changers to cooking! I have three granddaughters in college and plan on Facetiming them from time to time. Also I plan on watching movies on it. My knowledge of computers and how they work is pretty general, nothing complicated. When it gets complicated, I usually get help. I have two knitting machines which are computerized. I can download patterns to the knitting machines from a program on my HP Envy Laptop. I have a Smartphone (not Apple) as opposed to the flip phone I did have, and sometimes I'm afraid my phone is smarter than me, still learning.......
I hope to learn a lot from this forum, very happy I found it when surfing. I don't know how much I can contribute, but I will when I have the opportunity to help.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,
A little background about me. I am picking up my new IPad Pro 12.9" from Best Buy next week when the newest is released. It is preordered. I am both excited and nervous! This is a birthday present from my special friend. We are both widow and widower 16 years or so.
I had an IPad which is probably ten to twelve years old and unfortunately "bit the dust". Because of the age of it, I chose not to take it in to be fixed, if it even could. I have really missed having an IPad. I will be using the IPad Pro mainly for fun and entertainment, and internet surfing. Hope to get a few videos of my chocolate Lab! I love to surf for new recipes and knitting patterns. I am an avid knitter, on my knitting machines and hand knitting. I love to cook. In the last two years I have acquired two Instapots (newest kind of safe pressure cooker) and air fryer and they are real game changers to cooking! I have three granddaughters in college and plan on Facetiming them from time to time. Also I plan on watching movies on it. My knowledge of computers and how they work is pretty general, nothing complicated. When it gets complicated, I usually get help. I have two knitting machines which are computerized. I can download patterns to the knitting machines from a program on my HP Envy Laptop. I have a Smartphone (not Apple) as opposed to the flip phone I did have, and sometimes I'm afraid my phone is smarter than me, still learning.......
I hope to learn a lot from this forum, very happy I found it when surfing. I don't know how much I can contribute, but I will when I have the opportunity to help.
Welcome to iPad Forums, jennyowner!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello, and welcome to iPad Forums, jennyowner! Great introduction!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello,
....... I am picking up my new IPad Pro 12.9" from Best Buy next week when the newest is released. It is preordered.........I had an IPad which is probably ten to twelve years old and unfortunately "bit the dust". Because of the age of it, I chose not to take it in to be fixed, if it even could........

Hi Jenny....... - welcome to the forum - enjoyed your introduction - you sound like a busy lady! :)

BTW, the original iPad (assume maybe the one you had/have) came out in April 2010, so just over 8 years ago - the next year I bought the iPad 2 - now on the Air 2, BUT plan soon to purchase the new iPad Pro - looking forward to the larger display, facial ID, and also the USB-C replacement for the lightning port. Dave

Most reactions

Latest posts