What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just recieved my IPad 4, anybody else

XERO

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got mine today from FedEx. Arrived about 4:45pm. This 4th gen is much better then my 1st gen, but now I gotta get a case and a new lightning to HDMI cable.

MadChef

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I received mine yesterday around 12:30. After setting it up and transferring my all my information from my iPad 1 and updating to the new iOS I was ready to explore. My first impressions were how beautiful the screen is. I also noticed how much faster my wifi was, and also how fast apps came up. It is a big difference from my first iPad.
I also checked out the new maps and got to say it truly is crap and not worthy of Apple. There is no way you can put lipstick on that pig, what were they thinking?

ipadder474

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I received mine yesterday around 12:30. After setting it up and transferring my all my information from my iPad 1 and updating to the new iOS I was ready to explore. My first impressions were how beautiful the screen is. I also noticed how much faster my wifi was, and also how fast apps came up. It is a big difference from my first iPad.
I also checked out the new maps and got to say it truly is crap and not worthy of Apple. There is no way you can put lipstick on that pig, what were they thinking?

Those Apple maps is the reason I have not updated my OS on older iPad2 and am still waiting about buying the new iPad4. Apple should rethink this fight with Google, and put it to rest and get the Google maps back on the iPad4.

cyndy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do like the new lightening plugin too. It's like all those "other" but not flat on one side so you can't mess up plugging it in. I remember on the Amazon Kindle Fire, people ruined them by trying to plugin it upside down in the dark, etc. On the KIndle the battery and plugin are somehow one piece and not well made and it didn't take much.

The maps,- I did notice they were pretty up to date, as I can see I'm done combining corn and beans..

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do like the new lightening plugin too. It's like all those "other" but not flat on one side so you can't mess up plugging it in. I remember on the Amazon Kindle Fire, people ruined them by trying to plugin it upside down in the dark, etc. On the KIndle the battery and plugin are somehow one piece and not well made and it didn't take much.

Wow, those must have been some pretty stupid KFire users. Its plug is like that of most devices -- you're not supposed to cram in what doesn't fit, lol.

Cheap, easy and useful thing I've done with the cords on all on my mobile devices, including 30-pin connectors:

As soon as I get a new cord, I put a small bead of red nail polish on the side that should face downward (on the plug of both ends of the cord). Dry before using. (I mention that for those types who managed to ruin their Kfires, for instance, lol.) That way, I can immediately see the red when plugging, and know which side to plug downward. In the dark, I can also feel the small bead of nail polish, like with Braille. So no matter what the conditions when I plug a device, it's easy. Been doing it for years.

mdholm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipadder474 said:
Those Apple maps is the reason I have not updated my OS on older iPad2 and am still waiting about buying the new iPad4. Apple should rethink this fight with Google, and put it to rest and get the Google maps back on the iPad4.

I have only had an occasion to use Maps once, but when I did it worked perfectly. Better, in fact, than the previous mapping ever did in my experience.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wow, those must have been some pretty stupid KFire users. Its plug is like that of most devices -- you're not supposed to cram in what doesn't fit, lol.

Cheap, easy and useful thing I've done with the cords on all on my mobile devices, including 30-pin connectors:

As soon as I get a new cord, I put a small bead of red nail polish on the side that should face downward (on the plug of both ends of the cord). Dry before using. (I mention that for those types who managed to ruin their Kfires, for instance, lol.) That way, I can immediately see the red when plugging, and know which side to plug downward. In the dark, I can also feel the small bead of nail polish, like with Braille. So no matter what the conditions when I plug a device, it's easy. Been doing it for years.

That's smart. What should one do when one doesn't have nail polish? :p

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got a GF, (well I did until about 40 minute ago)!!! I don't think she wears nail polish.

It's cheap at drugstores, markets, etc. You don't need $25-a-bottle designer nail polish for this, lol.

Or ask a woman who wears it for an unused bottle. Most of us have bought shades that we've ended up not liking.

You could use paint, etc., too. I prefer nail polish because the applicator is perfect for applying a small bead.

Most reactions