What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bluetooth music reciever (A2DP) with iPad 2

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi guys

I listen to a lot of music..i have connected my ipad 2 through a 3.5 mm jack to my speakers (2.1)..i dont like wires and i was thinking of getting a Bluetooth Reciever device..it just attaches to ur normal speakers/systems and recieves the music through bluetooth from a device like ipad through A2DP and plays it on the speaker..not just music..any sound..Just wanted to know if any of you have had any experience with them..there are BELKIN and iBall companies..Their general range is 10m.

Is there any signal loss..i mean in quality? Is the loudness level same..and does it work fine with iPad 2?

Sent from my iPad 2 white 64 gb (ios 5.0.1) using iPF

Last edited:
OP
iRuthlessPad

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Bump :(

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you're referring to BT speakers, there are existing threads that are findable via forum search.

OP
iRuthlessPad

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Does anyone know?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not clear why you'd want to attach a dongle to your iPad to play music. Are you trying to avoid buying new speakers?

I use BT speakers. I just pair my iPad to the speakers and the sound blasts out of the speakers -- no wires. Nothing is attached to the iPad. A lot people do likewise. Maybe that's why you're not getting answers.

Last edited:

iDuffer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
no one knows about this?

I use a BCK-08 AD2P stereo receiver as a bluetooth gateway to my Hi-Fi

Sure, there is slight loss compared to a wired connection (treble/bass)

I would not use it for serious listening. I would not use an iPad for serious listening either,
but that's another matter.

However, for firing up Spotify or casual listening it's fine. Loudness is also fine.

That Kanex AirBlue looks really nice, far better quality than my BCK-08[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif].[/FONT]

Last edited:
OP
iRuthlessPad

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok thanx man :)

Most reactions