What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just got here

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum! You will find that doing some searches is the best way to answer your questions, if then you cant find what you are looking for then by all means post your question, there are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you. Enjoy!!

OP
PDADoc

PDADoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Man, it's nice to get such a warm welcome! I look forward to contributing.

Thanks all!

88raymond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi, doc... welcome to the forum!

i've been wondering... for more than 15 years... what your avatar (the one with the sword, snake and wings) is called. i've asked several MD's and they don't remember!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
hi, doc... welcome to the forum!

i've been wondering... for more than 15 years... what your avatar (the one with the sword, snake and wings) is called. i've asked several MD's and they don't remember!

Well, back on the first page, I assumed the OP was a physician (like me) because of the avatar - now there is a LOT of confusion about this symbol (many meanings - one snake vs. two?) - just google Wiki articles on 'Caduceus' and you'll find plenty of conflicting information - but just one to check HERE!

The USA Medical Corps uses this symbol (pic below) - I wore it every day for 2 yrs when a radiologist at Womack Army Hospital at Ft. Bragg (North Carolina) in the mid-1970s - not sure this answers your question(s), but may help - :)

US_Army_Medical_Corps_Branch_Plaque.gif

OP
PDADoc

PDADoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's called a caduceus. Long story short: it's actually a representation of the staff carried by Hermes, messenger of the gods. It's often mistaken as the symbol of medicine but it's not (I'm not helping either, I admit). The true symbol of medicine is called the Rod of Asclepius with only a single snake and no wings.

88raymond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
at last! you don't know how it feels to have this word at the tip of my tongue for 15 years, hahaha! thanks!!!

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Welcome aboard,it's good to have a sense of humor on this forum as well as desire to learn more.
It just reinforces the love we all have for our iPads
The more we know the more we love it.
Cheers

Most reactions

Latest posts