What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just bought it today, have one question

Karim1980

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

So far I am liking it, however I am not a big fan of iTunes but can live with it. My only question is how can I setup
Unotelly? I have it setup on my laptop and desktop pc but trying to setup on iPad and it just will not work. Has
Anyone here managed to get it to work? I want Hulu and USA Netflix to work on this and have read others have managed to get it to work. Yes, I followed directions for it and had the settings changed in wifi and added the 206.216.216.28 under dns and no luck. Hopefully someone here can explain?

Thank you,
Karim

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
They only work with a subscription. Still, I find Hulu Plus worth the money, and many Netflix uses say the same about that app.

Read up on it though. Because of licensing issues not all Hulu content is available on the iPad.

OP
K

Karim1980

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't found app for Hulu but Netflix does have an app. Also, I do have a a subscription to Hulu but I just can't get it to work on
iPad. I am hoping if someone can give me step by step guide? I did follow the unotellyguidenin how to add the ipmservers in DNS but that is not working. Please help or the wife is going to make me return thus and I know it's possible but I am at a loss here.

Thank you.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can not use Hulu on the iPad without the Hulu Plus app. They block mobile devices from their website. A quick search shows that Hulu is not available in Canada, so it is not surprising the app is not in the Canadian store.

Sorry, I did not notice your location before.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
They only work with a subscription. Still, I find Hulu Plus worth the money, and many Netflix uses say the same about that app.

Read up on it though. Because of licensing issues not all Hulu content is available on the iPad.

Why I prefer Netflix.

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01 Update From NYC using iPF

CMvan46

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry to bring this back from the dead but I can help you if you can help me? ;)

Go to the itunes program on your computer and sign out of your account.

Go to itunes store and then app store (still on itunes on your computer).

In the very bottom right is a little Canadian flag. Click it and then pick the US.

Then go to the app store and find whatever free app you like...(Hulu Plus) and click download.

Click create new account and go through setting that up except when it asks for payment option click none. Enter a US address, I used a place I have amazon.com packages shipped to across the line but anything works.

Now verify that account and go to your ipad. Sign out of your account on app store there and sign into the new US account. Download whatever free apps you like. If you want a US specific paid app you'll need a US credit card or US itunes card I believe.

Now I just got Unotelly and am listening to Pandora just fine on my computer but how do I get it set up on the ipad? I tried entering the DNS address they give you (tried multiple) but it only returns errors when I try to go to the quickstart page after.

Most reactions

Latest posts