What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jolinmax

Jolinmax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This seems a stupid question but I can't seem to find how to get to the beginning of a discussion. It always comes up at
Today. I have not used any forums before ..

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Naw, not a stupid question (especially if you've never used a forum).

I'm going to assume you are using the forum app (or Tapatalk). If you are using the web, then this won't really apply (but let me know and I can help there, too).

On your iPad, while in a thread, tap the status bar (at the top, where the date is). This should make the screen view go to the top. If the thread is only one page, you will be at the first post.

If the thread has more than one page, you will see a row of numbered buttons. Pressing the "1" button will take you to the first post. See this picture for what I mean:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353081955.123367.jpg

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

OP
Jolinmax

Jolinmax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Naw, not a stupid question (especially if you've never used a forum).

I'm going to assume you are using the forum app (or Tapatalk). If you are using the web, then this won't really apply (but let me know and I can help there, too).

On your iPad, while in a thread, tap the status bar (at the top, where the date is). This should make the screen view go to the top. If the thread is only one page, you will be at the first post.

If the thread has more than one page, you will see a row of numbered buttons. Pressing the "1" button will take you to the first post. See this picture for what I mean:

<
Hope this helps.

Marilyn

Sorry it took me half an hour to find where to reply. I don't know what Tapatalk is. The forum I am oN is this one. When I tap the screen at the top nothing happens. I tried it on a question which had a lot of replies.I am 80 so my mind is not as sharp as it used to be. when I try to go to the address below it says can't open file because it is an internal file.
I had to remove link because I only have 1 post

Not having much luck

OP
Jolinmax

Jolinmax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jolinmax said:
Sorry it took me half an hour to find where to reply. I don't know what Tapatalk is. The forum I am oN is this one. When I tap the screen at the top nothing happens. I tried it on a question which had a lot of replies.I am 80 so my mind is not as sharp as it used to be. when I try to go to the address below it says can't open file because it is an internal file.
I had to remove link because I only have 1 post

Not having much luck

PS. I went to a thread which said page eg. 10 of 1126 but I don't know how to get to page 1 when I touch the bar with the pages on it nothing happens

darkangelwitch

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you are using the app that you can download you click the numbers at the top of the page.

If you are using on the Internet via Safari you click the numbers at the top of the thread.

Let us know how you get on, we love helping newbies :)

Dark Angelwitch (Surrey)

Attachments

• image-1874754170.jpg
    image-1874754170.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 137
  • image-1346383573.jpg
    image-1346383573.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 133
OP
Jolinmax

Jolinmax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

Iam still having problems getting to start of thread
The page does not have numbers at the top

Top of page

Apple I pad discussions. I pad accessories. Then arrow in box

Threads and stickies

Forums

Ipad 4 access

I pad mini access

Threads 10 of 2624

I can't see anywhere to go back to start of thread

I have tried pressing everything

Help please

OP
Jolinmax

Jolinmax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
image-3637348194.jpg

Attachments

• image-2665174156.jpg
    image-2665174156.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 127
OP
Jolinmax

Jolinmax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried to put a picture on of the pages I am looking at. I don't know if this has worked

darkangelwitch

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Jolinmax said:
I tried to put a picture on of the pages I am looking at. I don't know if this has worked

From what I can work out you are at the top of the list of threads, you don't get page numbers at this point but if you want to see more threads you scroll down to the bottom and click the "Load more threads" button.

The pictures I posted are when you have opened a thread that has lots of replies on it, then you will see the page numbers.

Dark Angelwitch (Surrey)

Most reactions

Latest posts