What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jb 4.2 poll

JB 4.2

• Thumbs up

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • thumbs down

Votes: 13 61.9%

• Total voters

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been jailbroken on 4.2.1 for over two weeks now. The only time I actually needed to reboot my iPad is while installing critical software from Cydia--such as SBSettings, Backgrounder, etc.

I do reboot every few days just to clear things out... but those are planned and of course I make sure I reboot via RedSn0w. I have never once had my iPad spontaneously reboot or lockup to the point I had to reboot it. (I can't say the same thing about my iPhone.)

My iPhone is a different situation though: that is my phone. So I will not accept a tethered jb on that. And as I mentioned it seems more likely to need a reboot.

But if god forbid my iPad rebooted while away from my PC my iPhone can pretty much do just about anything my iPad can. I try to keep and apps I can loaded on both.

I think some of you are overreacting to the tethered nature. See if you can really go by a week without having to reboot, and I bet you will find you can. OTOH, part of the very reason I can do that is I have jailbreak apps that make it much easier to see what processes are loaded and kill them if my iPad feels sluggish or is not acting right. I don't have this need to reboot just to make things better.

Also remember it's a reboot, not a respring. You can still respring with the 4.2.1 jb... and I probably do that every other day or so, usually when updating something from Cydia. (I would not do any Cydia updates if I knew I was going to be far from my PC--I don't take that chance.)

Michael

Digikid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I see where you are going Micheal and you are correct for the most part.....however it is those times that IF the iPad freezes and a reboot is the only way to fix it AND you are away from your computer.....that is the time when untethered JB is the better option.

It could happen.

For that reason alone is why I say untethered is the only good option.

TillysWilly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yea untethered is the only way I will go so I will wait till it comes out im sure it will be a few weeks or so....I do miss my SBSettings though :(

Carnut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i will wait for untethered, and continue with 3.2.2 for now.

Ksane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep, still on 3.2.1 until an untethered comes out.

chillo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just bought an Ipad and updated to 4.2.1 by mistake! I guess I would wait till the untethered JB comes out :(

Most reactions

Latest posts