What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTV shows - cydia tv apps on ipad

Nailz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

Hope you can help, tv streaming here in the uk isn't really available so i was hoping to use an ip changer like fake location to allow me to download somthi g like abc player. But I can't get it to work.

Are any of the cydia apps up to scratch and optimised for the iPad yet? Would I still need to use fake location to get these to work?

Look forward to your help, thanks

Nailz

effcee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

Hope you can help, tv streaming here in the uk isn't really available so i was hoping to use an ip changer like fake location to allow me to download somthi g like abc player. But I can't get it to work.

Are any of the cydia apps up to scratch and optimised for the iPad yet? Would I still need to use fake location to get these to work?

Look forward to your help, thanks

Nailz

I'm assuming you mean streaming non-UK TV channels ? AFAIK you have catchuptv which works in UK. If you want to watch US channels for example you will need the app (Hulu, ABC etc) which you can get from US itunes store, but you will also need to subscribe to a VPN service to stream the actual data.

effcee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm also interested in way to get the ABC Player on my iPad.....won't let me download it from the Canadian App Store.
Well download it from the US App Store then :) Even when you have the app though, you'll probably still have the "Im a Canadian IP address" issue for which you'll need to use a US VPN service to get round.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
No there is a trick to get an itunes account for any country without needing any creditcard info.

open itunes on your PC.
at the bottom of the itunes store it will let you change countries. Select the country you would like.

Next, Go to the itunes APP store for that country and try to download a FREE app. When it asks for you to enter your login info just tell it you dont have an account and to create one. It will have you fill out the info like address and email address, you can make something up in the address feilds.

Thats it, The only way it will work wouthout requiring creditcard info and things like that is after trying to purchase a free iphone/ipad app.

FrostyFire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No there is a trick to get an itunes account for any country without needing any creditcard info.

open itunes on your PC.
at the bottom of the itunes store it will let you change countries. Select the country you would like.

Next, Go to the itunes APP store for that country and try to download a FREE app. When it asks for you to enter your login info just tell it you dont have an account and to create one. It will have you fill out the info like address and email address, you can make something up in the address feilds.

Thats it, The only way it will work wouthout requiring creditcard info and things like that is after trying to purchase a free iphone/ipad app.

Thanks for the tip, that trick did actually work. I thought it wasn't going to work but they really like to hide that "None" button for credit card.

Anyway, now that I'm available to at least download free apps from the US store, how the hell do I get them from my new account onto the my existing iTunes account or sync them with the iPad now?

OP
N

Nailz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tv catch up is good, but it's live tv streaming which I can watch on my tv lol. Was hoping there was a way to get. Abc to watch all the gucci US programming. Ah well cheers for your help all

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team

open itunes on your PC.

Thanks for the tip, that trick did actually work. I thought it wasn't going to work but they really like to hide that "None" button for credit card.

Anyway, now that I'm available to at least download free apps from the US store, how the hell do I get them from my new account onto the my existing iTunes account or sync them with the iPad now?

Everything should sync to itunes as normal with your other account. You can have files from seperate accounts in the same itunes library.

In the apps store on the ipad, if you scroll to the botton of the top charts section it will let you sign out of your account and into a different one. This used to be at the bottom of the categories section but it looks like they changed that today.

This can also be done in settings under the app store settings. So if you sign into an account that is registered for the US itunes store that is what will show in the app store on the ipad when you launch it.

FrostyFire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So after all that trouble the damn ABC Player app still doesn't let you stream outside the US!!! Obviously detects geographic IP location. Grrrr

FrostyFire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So after all that trouble the damn ABC Player app still doesn't let you stream outside the US!!! Obviously detects geographic IP location. Grrrr

use a USA proxy server in your connection settings. it will then show as if you are inside the US.

Meh....I was thinking about that, but not going to bother, because proxies are always slow as hell, and don't want to switch back and forth all the time just to stream ABC shows. Appreciate the suggestion though.

Most reactions

Latest posts